Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Star Michael Jordan XRC #101 BGS 9 advice?

I have just recently got my Star Jordan XRC #101 graded at BGS and it came back a BSG 9 (subs of 9.0, 9.0, 9.5, and 9.0).

It looks like one of only 9 cards that have ever been graded BSG 9s that received all 9s or better on the sub grades.

Looking for any advice on if I was to sell it what is the best venue?

Also what might it be worth. I'm finding various numbers from auctions and don't know what to believe.

Should I hold on to it or sell. Just wanted to pick everyone's brain.

Thanks

Matt

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are the latest prices that I could find on VCP. As far as hold or sale. That is a tough call. I would tend to hold it as Jordan cards tend to be a good investment long term. As far as who to consign with to sell? I am not sure who to use. Maybe some others can chime in with their opinions.

12/7/19 $16,200.00 Auction Image 15 Heritage - ! -
    7/24/19 $21,501.00 Image 23 eBay pwcc_auctions 6i - ! -
    6/30/19 $18,100.00 Image 28 eBay pwcc_auctions p
    u - ! -
    6/10/19 $23,000.00 Image Best Offer eBay dpingree 9***8 - ! -

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the difficult thing with predicting Star values is that there are so many trimmed cards in BGS slabs that each card sort of gets treated on a case-by-case basis. If the card looks full size then you can expect the high end. If it looks a wee bit smaller it's much less predictable.

Arthur

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

Great score, Matt! What's the story on the card? Where did you get it? How long have you had it? Would love to see a pic.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Wow. Incredible card. I like the star 101 much more than the 86 fleer. There are only a handful of bgs 9 star Jordan’s.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

very nice card, congrats. This is definitely one of the rare Jordan rookies, the trouble is the picture of the 1986 fleer is so much better than this one. But if you really wanna pick up a great looking rookie card I’d suggest either his court kings or the slam dunk star cards.

Those are by far his best looking rookies.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

One just sold on ebay for $25,100.

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

That card is a BEAUTY!!! I've always love the Star Jordan rookie. The '86 Fleer Jordan is a great card, but just not a rookie.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."