Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What team signed this baseball?

Found this earlier and was told it was probably a minor league team in New York. The ball dates to 1993-1994. I can't make out what team this could possibly be and the signatures are quite hard to ID. Any help is appreciated as always.

Comments

• Options
    Spartcom5Spartcom5 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Actually i just found out! It's the Oneonta Yankees 1994.....

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

I seen Sloan Smith and Brian Buchanan on there...they both played for Oneonta in '94.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Autographed baseballs have always been fascinating. I enjoy reading these threads.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I'm curious if anyone on that team eventually made it to the show?

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

Brian Buchanan platooned a few years for the Twins and Padres, and Fernando Seguignol did the same for the Expos. More interesting is who the Yankees traded them for: Chuck Knoblauch and John Wetteland respectively.

Matt Drews was also on that team, probably the second most hyped Yankees pitching prospect of the 90's after Brien Taylor. They shipped him to Detroit for Cecil Fielder right as he was losing the ability to pitch due to a nerve issue. Everyone remembers the mid-90's as the point where the Yankees started developing their blue chip prospects instead of trading them away (mostly from the coincidence of Jeter, Pettitte, Posada and Rivera all coming up together), but these were three hugely important trades that landed key components of their World Series teams. If Gene Michael wasn't the best GM of the modern free-agency era, he's got to be in the conversation for top 5.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Donyoguy said:
    .........If Gene Michael wasn't the best GM of the modern free-agency era, he's got to be in the conversation for top 5.

He better be, they're his initials. :D