Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Silver, gold certificates, fractional, federal reserve note

Could someone help educate me on the value of these? I know they are in ratty shape. Any value above face? I’m more of a coin guy and not as much a currency guy. Thanks!

Young Numismatist/collector
75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
instagram.com/klnumismatics

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

The same tools and websites available for you to research the value of coins also applies to researching the values of paper money. I would advise you to check current past sales of similar examples sold on Heritage, eBay and other auction sites. You have over 1,700 posts on this forum and I assume you have the necessary experience needed to accomplish this.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mbwizkid said:
    The same tools and websites available for you to research the value of coins also applies to researching the values of paper money. I would advise you to check current past sales of similar examples sold on Heritage, eBay and other auction sites. You have over 1,700 posts on this forum and I assume you have the necessary experience needed to accomplish this.

Thanks I will look into this.

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭

Nice GOLD $20 !!!!

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the $20 gold is worth significantly above face value-probably about $75. The 25 cent fractional is worth about $15. The others have a very small premium.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool group. :)

• Options
    ilmcoinsilmcoins Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭

Most I would typically spend except the fractional and $20 Gold

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kirk222 said:
    Yes, the gold one is worth a premium and the fractional. I wouldn't necessarily agree with spending the others. If you can afford to keep them for your children, they might love them. Nice set.

Yes I don’t plan to spend them. They just look cool 😎