Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does anyone have experience using eBay International Standard Delivery as a seller?

tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any downside? Would it get to the buyer any faster or would it actually take longer considering the extra stop on the way?

I don't have many international sales but have had two in the last couple of weeks and it comes up as a option when printing the label. It seems to be a little cheaper than regular USPS First Class International and it also includes up to $100.00 insurance.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have used it worked good provided you stay within the 30 day delivery time line required. Once I went over 30 days and was told the guarantee was voided but it still made it to the buyer in about 37 days due to a pre order and long lead time.

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the Ebay Global shipping all the time and have had almost no problems. Many of my items are heavy or large, and would be cost prohibitive to ship USPS or FedEx.

The only 2 glitches I had was a $400 rebuilt 50 year old carburetor that was shipped to Sweden, that was impounded and destroyed for having cadmium on it (It was not cad, but looked like it, and no mercy from Customs. Ebay refunded the buyer, but did not take any money from me.

The other was an item shipped to Australia that disappeared in Customs. Again, same result. Ebay refunded the buyer, and let me keep all the $$.

I like the tracking all the way to the door.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2020 7:38PM

I use global shipping virtually no problems. Like it. One guy said he did not receive it ((signature required). I told him tracking said he did. He filed case and lost.

With the program I ship item to address in KY and they take it from there. Then I track it’s progress from there. Beyond that not to worry / out of my hands if stuff happens I will fight it out w him on the bay if necessary.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shipped with eBays global shipping program today. Have used it many times and never an issue. Also it's the only way I ship international anymore.

• Options

Thanks for the comments so far folks. eBay Standard International Delivery is different than eBay Global Shipping but it looks like both work for sellers. For the small lower priced items I sell I'm thinking Standard International might work for me. I may include it as a option on a few items and see what happens.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

No issues here. Just have to track additional costs when it comes tax time because as far as I could tell, PayPal includes their fees in the forms they send to the IRS

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

You asked about eBay Standard International Delivery. Everyone that "answered" talked about eBay global shipping program. So what is the difference between the two options?

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ADG said:
    You asked about eBay Standard International Delivery. Everyone that "answered" talked about eBay global shipping program. So what is the difference between the two options?

eBay standard International Delivery is new. It is sort of the eBay equivalent to 1st class international. eBay global shipping is more akin to Priority Mail.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@ADG said:

eBay standard International Delivery is new. It is sort of the eBay equivalent to 1st class international. eBay global shipping is more akin to Priority Mail.

Another difference is that standard is a less expensive than USPS International First Class depending on the size and weight, includes $100 insurance and does not collect any duty up front leaving that to to buyer while global collects any duty up front. At least that is my understanding

• Options

@tommy44 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ADG said:

Another difference is that standard is a less expensive than USPS International First Class depending on the size and weight, includes $100 insurance and does not collect any duty up front leaving that to to buyer while global collects any duty up front. At least that is my understanding

Yes, they do handle the duty differently. The $100 insurance is awesome since I've been shipping globally self-insured because the only way to insure USPS is to go Priority which has a minimum $26 shipping rate.

I'm looking forward to trying out the new "eBay Standard International"

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a link to this new program? USPS rates have gone through the roof and wonder how they compare! When did it start?

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    Anyone have a link to this new program? USPS rates have gone through the roof and wonder how they compare! When did it start?

It started on the 7th of February. If you go to your seller page on eBay, you should have a "selling announcement" on the 7th.

You can try this link:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-international-standard-delivery.html

• Options

Thanks! It is cheaper! I just shipped a coin to Australia and it would have saved me almost $3.00!

@jmlanzaf said:

@amwldcoin said:

It started on the 7th of February. If you go to your seller page on eBay, you should have a "selling announcement" on the 7th.

You can try this link:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-international-standard-delivery.html

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    Thanks! It is cheaper! I just shipped a coin to Australia and it would have saved me almost $3.00!

@jmlanzaf said:

@amwldcoin said:

You can try this link:

Yes, I'm kind of excited to try it. $100 in insurance that you can't even get through USPS at all (unless Priority or Express) is also a nice freebie.

• Options

I haven't dug deep. Are you sure the insurance will cover coins. Their alternative to USPS insurance doesn't.

@jmlanzaf said:

@amwldcoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@amwldcoin said:

You can try this link:

Yes, I'm kind of excited to try it. $100 in insurance that you can't even get through USPS at all (unless Priority or Express) is also a nice freebie.

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    I haven't dug deep. Are you sure the insurance will cover coins. Their alternative to USPS insurance doesn't.

@jmlanzaf said:

@amwldcoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@amwldcoin said:

You can try this link:

it doesn't exclude it in the terms. SPP is the insurer.

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Thanks for all the info.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Reading through the FAQs, I saw this:

"Parcels containing Prohibited Items or containing any item that would be considered unlawful or illegal for any reason including under the recipient country’s import law or under the US export law are not covered by this guarantee."

USPS lists coins and banknotes under their "Prohibitions" for many countries. Will eBay consider numismatic coins to be different from spending coins when it comes to a claim? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Options

When I do insure a coin shipment I use third party insurance from InsurePost. It costs me $1.05 per $100.00 and says it includes coverage for numismatic items. Of course, I've never had a claim so who knows. Years ago I did have USPS pay a non-registered insurance claim on a lost coin shipment with no problem.

• Options

I used eBay standard international for the first time for a coin to the Philippines. $0.77 cheaper than USPS and it does have $100 insurance - of course until I need the insurance, who knows if it pays. But definitely seems worth it.

• Options

I also tried it for the 1st time. Saved me 9 cents to England but got insurance. Of course there are bugs. Printed up and down instead of sideways eating up 2 labels for me. Hope I pieced them together well enough. Yeah...if I was a techie I probably could have adjusted it. Shouldn't have to IMHO!

• Options

Australia + New Zealand are where the big savings will be!

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    I also tried it for the 1st time. Saved me 9 cents to England but got insurance. Of course there are bugs. Printed up and down instead of sideways eating up 2 labels for me. Hope I pieced them together well enough. Yeah...if I was a techie I probably could have adjusted it. Shouldn't have to IMHO!

I had the same problem. I switched it to landscape and it printed on only one side, but then it was so small I was afraid it was unreadable. Next time I have one, i'm going to have to fiddle around more

• Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I played around with the settings quite a bit and could not get it to size to the standard eBay 1/2 page size. I got a small but usable label by using size A5, 2 per sheet, then using the custom scale & increasing to 125+/ -- but that was still small & printed in the middle of the page - not useful for self adhesive labels.

I called eBay Concierge for advice / hacks but the rep tried as well and couldn't get anything close to a standard eBay set up -- surprisingly, she had no reports on her daily sheet but as usual promised to pass the request for a solution up the line.

• Options

@tokenpro said:
    I played around with the settings quite a bit and could not get it to size to the standard eBay 1/2 page size. I got a small but usable label by using size A5, 2 per sheet, then using the custom scale & increasing to 125+/ -- but that was still small & printed in the middle of the page - not useful for self adhesive labels.

I called eBay Concierge for advice / hacks but the rep tried as well and couldn't get anything close to a standard eBay set up -- surprisingly, she had no reports on her daily sheet but as usual promised to pass the request for a solution up the line.

They'll probably fix it eventually. There was a similar problem with the "reprint label" function at one time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file