Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Buchner. 1887 Actor

Hi guys,
I'm collector of non sport tobacco cards for some time already but never sent my cards for grading. Recently I obtain very interesting Buchner Actors set from an auction and want grade them.

I got the card by post and first thing I noticed is that all cards have small stamped name of the collector in the bottom part on reverse. Otherwise cards are in good condition without any marks or tears.

So 2 question here
1. If I grade that cards will their value decrease because of that stamp and how much?
2. Auction in the cards description never mentioned that cards are stamped. What can I do in this case if cards value is smaller because of that?

Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2020 1:09PM

Check out the PSA grading guide here: https://www.psacard.com/resources/gradingstandards

I think you’d get a numerical grade (assuming they’re legit, not trimmed or otherwise altered) with an MK qualifier. When it comes to the value of the card, qualifiers typically drop the value 2 or more numerical grades - an 8MK might cost the same as a straight 6, though other factors are in play (centering, visual appeal, etc.). I don’t know if this type of mark on the back would be more or less than that...

If it wasn’t noted in the auction and you think you’re not getting the value you wanted, you can return them as being different than their description (SNAD, I think).

Jim

• Options

Hi Jim,
    Thanks a lot for your reply and the link!. I will probably send e-mail to PSA to ask them how they are grading such cards.

Best,
    Ilya