Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS 2020 circulated coins early find contest?

CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 6, 2020 9:41AM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

I would like to get the opinion of some collectors on this. Do you think it is a good idea or a bad idea to hold a contest for these low denomination, high production coins and why? Do you think it would be a good idea or bad idea to add an achievement award for this set? Please share any opinion or related information you might have.

Comments

• Options
    AlanLastufkaAlanLastufka Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭

I missed the W quarter quest last year as I wasn't collecting at the time. So I'm excited to participate this year in the 2020 Coin Quest. I sent off my first submission of 2020 Lincoln Cents and they arrived there today (sent in 7 that I picked from bank rolls). I'll be working on the nickels and dimes next week. All from Philadelphia so far.

I'm not delusional and know these won't be worth much in the future, but they're also pretty low cost to participate with the EF20 service tier only costing $20 per coin. I figure I'll register the highest graded one of each example and auction the rest off on eBay to hopefully break even while having fun in the process and a shot at the $2,000 drawing from PCGS.