Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Any idea of value and is it worth getting graded?

DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 5, 2020 10:24AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Your thoughts???

Sorry for the crappy pictures it's all I have right now. The note is in excellent shape 1995

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

Comments

• Options
    CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

No idea on paper current but I will say I like it! * Note to boot

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool binary replacement note, but below my minimum requirements for grading. Get it into a currency sleeve.

• Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

The pictures need to be enlarged to get some idea as to the grade. It appears the note is in a foldover/flip mylar currency sleeve. While that sleeve will protect the note, be careful not to let the note slip out either side. I have heard stories of notes sliding out while in transit and the corners being bent/damaged. Getting a three sided mylar sleeve would be preferable. As far as getting it graded, it's a coin flip. Maybe under a grading special, and only then if you think the note will grade CU or better. If you detect any bends/folds then skip the grading.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options

Here is a better picture....

Maybe some different opinions??

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Grading is a coin flip depending on your goals.The note's value lies in it's serial number...which is cool but not a radar or a repeater...just a binary star.So,it is certainly a desirable note yet it is not a valuable one.Looking at it from a selling (dealer) point of view,I would skip the grading-the costs to get it graded will outweigh the benefit.A buyer for this note, generally speaking, would be interested in the note's serial number and not so much the grade.On the other hand, if your goal is to protect the note (rather than aid in it's value) grading it is not a terrible idea.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options

Thanks gentlemen for the insight.

DiggerJim

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

A mylar note holder is probably all that is warranted.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

Save the grading fee on that one and spend it on more notes!