Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Why No Registry For Seated Series?

I have collected Seated coins for a number of years. Would it really be all that difficult to include the Gobrecht designs in the Registry? I mean, come on!

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine

Comments

• Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    As you may or may not know, we have been adding and weighting sets since late last year. The seated series is definitely on the list. Check the PCGS Set Registry News page for updates. Thank you.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Catch22,

There have been other calls for Seated registries here before. Dimes, Quarters and Dollars are already in the system, but we'll just have to wait for Half Dimes (I've noticed several people who wanted this one) and Half Dollars. The Proof Seated Dollar registry also includes the 1836 and 1839 coins.

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    I currently have the finest known seated quarter, circulation strikes, set in the registery. As soon as I win the lottery, I will finish the set. Seated coins are the best!

Tom's Seated Quarter Registry Set
    Tom

• Options
    Why have a registry set for coins with real value. The registry is best used to promote high grade kennedys, rossies and jeffs that no one would be spending hundreds of dollars for otherwise.
    Without a registry, who would spend $1200 for a Jefferson Nickel? And who would spend hundreds of dollars to have them graded?
  • Options
    tjkillian,

I have never looked at that set. I could use my seated quarters from my type set and be #1. Why such a low interest in the set? And you are right I love the seated quarter series also. They are great coins.
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.