Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Morgan Grade In Your Opinion.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Horizons are Getting Broader ?? Decent or is This a Klutz Buy ??image The Pictures are Somewhat Brown for Some Reason that I will Have to Figure Out. Value Also ?
    Ken

Comments

• Options
      keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
      i love these grading threads---i only wish i was better at 'em!! the coin looks clean and mark free but the strike looks kinda average. on the reverse it's a bit difficult to judge cause of the reflection on the breast and on the obverse it looks weak in the hair over the eye. is it really toned that color or is it the scan. i'd guess you plan on washing it, 'eh? i'd say MS65 unless the wear on the eagle shows up in person.

al h.image
    • Options
      Is this a scan or a photo?? Morgans tend to scan really well and they don't show all the imperfections. Either way, I would put a 64 on this one.image
    • Options
      DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
      Ken, are you cheating on the little ladies with a big girl? I guess the answer about this coin is how much did you pay for it? I like the toning, but I know that Morgans are graded by year as much as by series so any guess on grade on my part would be foolish. Nice coin!
      Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.