Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay Padded Envelope costs and where to get

for the few years i have sold coins, I have always used these....

100 padded envelopes for 14-17 dollars depending on deal. How much are the ones with the ebay logo on them that are grey? and where do you get them if you want them?

thanks all

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

Comments

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

on seller hub page, lower left under shortcuts is a link to eBay shipping supplies

https://ebay.com/str/ebayshippingsupplies

if you have a store, you used to get $25 credit per quarter or something like that. I am not sure I want my packages smothered with eBay, as I am afraid it tells postal contractors to 'steal me'.

• Options
    davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

appreciate both of you. looks like the price point is in line where ever you go.

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some sellers do not like the ebay logo "invitation to steal" on the envelope. I use the coupon to get them free every quarter and just tap my label over it.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

I cant seem to find the ebay shipping supplies promo for my store. is this the right place?

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Some sellers do not like the ebay logo "invitation to steal" on the envelope. I use the coupon to get them free every quarter and just tap my label over it.

Why would the generic ebay logo be any more an invitation to steal than the word Kraft? They know it's not a birthday card in a bubble envelope.

• Options
    edited January 31, 2020 3:16PM

@davids5104 said:
    I cant seem to find the ebay shipping supplies promo for my store. is this the right place?

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/se/zk4rc155z1ey.png

Did you use derry's link?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@davids5104 said:

yes it takes me here....

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭

you may want to buy a larger quantity it has an impact on the price. 500 of these are 37.00 shipped. zebrapack.com

the shipping supply coupon is under subscriber discounts https://www.sd.ebay.com/subscriberdiscounts

• Options

@davids5104 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@davids5104 said:

yes it takes me here....

Hmmm... that's not where it takes me.

What level store do you have?

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Why would the generic ebay logo be any more an invitation to steal than the word Kraft? They know it's not a birthday card in a bubble envelope.

Sure, but still... an "eBay" package (to me, anyway) promises the possibility of a (maybe valuable) collectible, while a Kraft envelope could easily be somebody's cat diarrhea prescription refill.

• Options
    edited January 31, 2020 3:35PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@davids5104 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@davids5104 said:

yes it takes me here....

yours and @SamByrd links both take me to the above view. these 5 are the deals I see. I have the lowest tier store, the starter level. Just looked at next jump up for store tier and I would not benefit

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭

@davids5104 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@davids5104 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@davids5104 said:

yes it takes me here....

yours and @SamByrd links both take me to the above view. these 5 are the deals I see. I have the lowest tier store.

If you have the starter store it does not have the coupon.

• Options
    edited January 31, 2020 3:37PM

HERE IS THE ANSWER!!!! sorry for the rabbit hunt. You do not get a coupon!!

Roosevelt Registry

• Options

yours and @SamByrd links both take me to the above view. these 5 are the deals I see. I have the lowest tier store.

If you have the starter store it does not have the coupon.

we posted at same time... thanks!!

Roosevelt Registry

• Options

stores eligible for the shipping supplies coupon (basic level or higher, excludes starter stores) will see a shipping supplies discount coupon.

• Options

thanks everyone! My sales volume is too low to upgrade. looks like the price difference of 4.95 vs 21.95 per month is offset with that discount, which pays for 1.25 months worth of fees. I am about to lose my top rated status on 2/20, because while I have sold >8K in sales in the last year I have only had 97 transactions and you need 100 per year

Roosevelt Registry

• Options

@davids5104 said:
    I am about to lose my top rated status on 2/20, because while I have sold >8K in sales in the last year I have only had 97 transactions and you need 100 per year

Time to sell dimes for nickles, at least three of them anyway.

• Options

@derryb said:

@davids5104 said:
    I am about to lose my top rated status on 2/20, because while I have sold >8K in sales in the last year I have only had 97 transactions and you need 100 per year

Time to sell dimes for nickles, at least three of them anyway.

I think they need an and/or "rule" for this. Not just you need both criteria. The benefit of the 10% discount is nice bit I truly believe the top rated logo is important.

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have $13 left to spend, I could bump you a couple transactions.

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

davids5104, whatcha got for sale ?

• Options

@mustangmanbob said:
    I have $13 left to spend, I could bump you a couple transactions.

@Tom147 said:
    davids5104, whatcha got for sale ?

Thanks guys. I think in my situation, because I do not buy a large volume of coins to turn around and sell, even if I ward off this month, the 8 transactions a month of so is likely more than I can maintain. If interested my page is in my signature panel.

Roosevelt Registry

• Options

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Sure, but still... an "eBay" package (to me, anyway) promises the possibility of a (maybe valuable) collectible, while a Kraft envelope could easily be somebody's cat diarrhea prescription refill.

To be fair, ebay also sells cat meds and household crap.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Yes, they do. But honestly, what do you think of first when somebody says "eBay"? Collectibles or cat crap? ;)

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@derryb said:

Guess you'll just have to ask the sellers that don't like the logo on their envelope. In other threads about the free shipping supplies that have stated that they don't like having the logo on their shipments for security reasons.

• Options

@derryb said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@derryb said:

Guess you'll just have to ask the sellers that don't like the logo on their envelope. In other threads about the free shipping supplies that have stated that they don't like having the logo on their shipments for security reasons.

Isn't that just their own bias? The see sunday they think coins. My father had bought hundreds of ebay items, all of them VHS cassettes for under $20.

• Options

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Yes, they do. But honestly, what do you think of first when somebody says "eBay"? Collectibles or cat crap? ;)

It depends on what you buy. My sister only buys dog toys on ebay, she'll think dog toys. My father only buys movie cassettes and books, he thinks of those.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

It depends on what you buy.

Sure. That's why, above, I said- an "eBay" package (to me, anyway)... :)

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:

It depends on what you buy. My sister only buys dog toys on ebay, she'll think dog toys. My father only buys movie cassettes and books, he thinks of those.

What matters is what the thief thinks when he see's EBAY on the package. I would bet that it brings a smile to his face.

• Options

@derryb said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:

What matters is what the thief thinks when he see's EBAY on the package. I would bet that it brings a smile to his face.

That's my point, I doubt they think anything different about ebay vs. Amazon vs plain Kraft envelopes. Most people I know think of ebay as used crap.

• Options
    CommencentsCommencents Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

I don't see any padded envelopes. Do they sell any?

• Options
    DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭

If I'm a thief I'm skipping plain Kraft envelopes and eBay ones and going straight to Amazon, NewEgg, etc.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davids5104 said:
    thanks everyone! My sales volume is too low to upgrade. looks like the price difference of 4.95 vs 21.95 per month is offset with that discount, which pays for 1.25 months worth of fees. I am about to lose my top rated status on 2/20, because while I have sold >8K in sales in the last year I have only had 97 transactions and you need 100 per year

Claim the store fees as an expense on Schedule C. Just a thought for filing taxes next year when you upgrade your store.

• Options

@davids5104 said:

Once upon a time, I needed a few transactions to preserve my top-rated status. I listed about a dozen $1 bills for 95 cents with free shipping. They all sold in about 15 minutes. Cost me about $30 in fees and shipping, but it saved my discount which runs closer to $70 per month.

• Options
    edited February 1, 2020 3:42AM

@Commencents said:

I don't see any padded envelopes. Do they sell any?

look under "padded airjacket"

• Options

@derryb said:

@Davideo said:
    If I'm a thief I'm skipping plain Kraft envelopes and eBay ones and going straight to Amazon, NewEgg, etc.

look under "padded airjacket"

This.

But I only get the eBay ones with my free supplies coupon. It is cheaper to buy the plain Kraft ones on Amazon, especially in the box of 500.

• Options
    edited February 1, 2020 3:53AM

@jmlanzaf said:

But I only get the eBay ones with my free supplies coupon. It is cheaper to buy the plain Kraft ones on Amazon, especially in the box of 500.

So I use my $25 quarterly coupon to buy 100 5.6" X 9.25" padded ebay envelopes @ $27.42 for a final cost of $2.42 (.0242 cents each) delivered. Please send me the Amazon link that offers them for less. If I need more than 100 I will then shop elsewhere for the best deal. I prefer the poly over kraft because they are harder to tear open in the backroom of the post office.

• Options

@derryb said:

@jmlanzaf said:

So I use my $25 quarterly coupon to buy 100 5.6" X 9.25" padded ebay envelopes @ $27.42 for a final cost of $2.42 (.0242 cents each) delivered. Please send me the Amazon link that offers them for less. If I need more than 100 I will then shop elsewhere for the best deal. I prefer the poly over kraft because they are harder to tear open in the backroom of the post office.

The $2.42 is irrelevant. As I said, I buy the eBay ones because they are free. The cost is 27 cents each if you don't have a coupon - which the OP does NOT. Here's 250 paper envelopes for $25 on Amazon, which are the "Kraft" ones I was referring to:

https://amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Catalog-Mailing-Envelopes-250-Pack/dp/B06X6CLQZ6/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=500+padded+envelopes+6x9&qid=1580560473&sr=8-4

If you prefer poly, here's 250 for $28

https://amazon.com/Yens-Bubble-Envelopes-Mailers-250PM/dp/B01B5BIAKY/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=250+poly+padded+envelopes+6x9&qid=1580560676&sr=8-8

As I said, buy for Free at eBay if you have a coupon (this is to the OP). But if you don't have the shipping supplies credit, eBay is the last place I would buy them. They are MUCH cheaper (by a factor of 2 or 3) on Amazon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file