Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Presidential Inauguration ticket collection

eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Finally got around to scanning these. I am not sure how far back the inauguration tickets go. I have never seen anything before Lincoln so that might be my goal. I am missing 3 since McKinley. Ford never had an inauguration so I have national convention ticket to represent him. I didn’t realize how poor the condition was on Roosevelt and Truman. I’ll probably upgrade those for something with better eye appeal. They are 2 of the best looking tickets imo and are very cheap. I don’t like how PSA slabbed a few of the tickets in different directions. I’ll eventually get that fixed. I also don’t love how the full tickets are so much bigger. I think they would present better if get Nixon and Reagan ticket stubs which are also inexpensive.

2021 U.S. President Inauguration-Full Full Joe Biden January 20 - Amethyst

2017 U.S. President Inauguration-Full Full Donald Trump January 20-Red

2009 U.S. President Inauguration-Full Full Barack Obama January 20-Orange

2001 U.S. President Inauguration-Pass Pass George W. Bush January 20

1993 U.S. President Inauguration-Pass Pass Bill Clinton January 20-North Standing

1981 U.S. President Inauguration- Full Ronald Reagan January 20 - President Platform

1989 U.S. President Inauguration-Pass Pass George Bush January 20- Gold

1977 U.S. President Inauguration-Full Full James E. Carter January 20-Southeast Front Capitol

1976 Republican National Convention-Full Aug.19,Kansas City/Gerald Ford Session 5

1969 U.S. President Inauguration-Full Richard M. Nixon January 20

1965 U.S. President Inauguration- Stub Lyndon B. Johnson January 20

1961 U.S. President Inauguration- Stub John F. Kennedy January 20

1953 U.S. President Inauguration- Stub Dwight D. Eisenhower Inauguration-January 20

1949 U.S. President Inauguration- Stub Harry S. Truman Inauguration-January 20

1933 U.S. President Inauguration- Stub Franklin D. Roosevelt Inauguration-January 20

1929 U.S. President Inauguration-Pass Herbert C. Hoover March 4

1925 U.S. President Inauguration- Pass Calvin Coolidge March 4

1913 U.S. President Inauguration- Pass Woodrow Wilson March 4

1908 U.S. President Inauguration- Pass William Taft March 4

1908 U.S. President Inauguration- Pass Theodore Roosevelt March 4

1897 U.S. President Inauguration- Pass William McKinley March 4

1877 U.S. President Inauguration- Pass Rutherford B Hayes March 5

1869 U.S. President Inauguration- Pass Ulysses S Grant March 4

1868 U.S. President Impeachment Trial - Pass Andrew Johnson May 7

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Options
    BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

Wow, just wow. Incredible collection.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome Chad!

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are cool!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Museum worthy! Awesome collection!

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

thanks for the look

that is impressive, nice collection. didn't know these were collectible, but very interesting and a great piece of history

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Those are fun to look at. Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Incredible items! thank you for sharing.

KC

• Options
    edited January 30, 2020 9:21AM

They are not very expensive. They don’t even crack 100 bucks until you get pre 1933. I think they are cool piece of history. I definitely need to either get all stubs or all full tickets though because the size differences is causing my ocd to freak out.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

What's the first inauguration where tickets were issued? I figured early on in our history, you could probably just show up on a first come first served basis.

• Options
    edited January 30, 2020 7:16PM

Not sure. I’ve never seen a Lincoln but there is one on the pop report. I have never seen anything earlier than that.

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

@eagles33 said:
    They are not very expensive. They don’t even crack 100 bucks until you get pre 1933. I think they are cool piece of history. I definitely need to either get all stubs or all full tickets though because the size differences is causing my ocd to freak out.

I can confirm that they are not very expensive. After seeing this post, I was checking out Ebay and picked up a couple to Reagan's. I had always wanted to start some sort of presidential collection, but never knew which way to go. These are great! Thanks for posting them.

Is there anything to look out for as far as fakes or reproductions?

• Options

I haven’t seen any fakes .. I don’t think their is enough of a market for there to be fakes. Most are 10-50 bucks.

• Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are very cool, thanks for posting.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Great collection! Wow!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice collection and they present very well!

• Options
    edited September 22, 2020 1:16PM

Just added a 1905 Teddy Roosevelt inauguration. Just need a Coolidge and Harding to complete the run from McKinley to Trump. Also got a Andrew Johnson impeachment ticket since he never had an inauguration. Looking forward to get them getting slabbed. Love the way they look slabbed

• Options

I stumbled upon this post in search of more details regarding the different seating sections for presidential elections. I have the attached ticket's with the one ticket designated as the "President's Platform" I assume this is the seating adjascent the podium wear the President is sworn in, but haven't been able to find any information to verify this assumption. Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Roosevelt Wallace inaugural ticket- I believe that was the first year that the inaugural date was moved to January 20th from March 4th. The inaugural invitations are quite cool as well. Nice collection... thanks for sharing.

Do you collect the Inaugural Medals? Some are quite affordable...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2023 6:04PM

I picked up grant and Hayes tickets a while back. I will scan them. I might look into the inauguration medals pre Lincoln. I’ve seen them before. A George Washington medal only goes for few grand it looks like. I admittedly do not know much about them though. Does anyone have any idea why 1921 Harding or 1925 Coolidge never seem to come up for sale. Those are the only ones I need for the 20th century. 20th century tickets before and after those 2 seem available all the time.
    Other remaining ones I need are:
    1861 Lincoln
    1881 Garfield
    Chester Arthur (no inauguration but want something to represent him)
    1885 Cleveland
    1889 Harrison
    1893 Cleveland

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

I love seeing the McKinley ticket given that we are related! Now I want to get my hands on one.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArtVandelay said:
    I love seeing the McKinley ticket given that we are related! Now I want to get my hands on one.

That is the problem with this forum.

• Options

The official Harding Inaugural and Coolidge Inaugural are literally rare- The Harding bronze likely has a surviving population of under 50 and Coolidge is in a similar boat. These are rarely seen period. The St. Gaudens TR inaugural is rare and highly sought- the last one I know of sold at Stacks-Bowers brought over $50K.

• Options

There is a wide range of decent McKinley related items that are quite affordable

• Options
    edited November 7, 2023 11:46AM

Just updated my initial post with up to date scans. Still no luck on finding a Harding ticket stub. I got different variants of the Reagan and Nixon so they are the same size. Some day I’ll get these reholdered so they are slabbed in the same direction. Eventually I want to get them all framed if I ever complete the collection going back to Lincoln. Still need

1861 Lincoln
    1881 Garfield
    Chester Arthur (no inauguration but want something to represent him)
    1885 Cleveland
    1889 Harrison
    1893 Cleveland
    1921 Harding