Home Sports Talk

Super Bowl Sunday

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where will you watch the big game, and who are you going to watch it with?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to have a few friends over, and drink beer and feast all day. The pregame show starts at like 1 p.m. and lasts like six hours. I usually like to watch most of it and I can't get enough of Terry, Howie, Michael, and Jimmy talking about football. I like to make an entire day of it.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope it doesn't end like last years Super Bowl party, with me sitting at the kitchen table barely coherent, harassing the family cat, with burnt macaroni spilled all over the floor.

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

_Watching at home on the big screen, invited a few guys over, but they are heading to a bigger venue. Probably quiet, with the lady and cat, some beers and food, and yes - lots of pregame _

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

At home on my Big Screen. Wouldn't go to the game if you paid me!

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

If all goes well, I'll be golfing in the morning, cooking some good grub in the afternoon, and watching a movie or two. I won't be watching the game at all.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Home with wife, and cat.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my office.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

At home, as always. My family will be there, but I doubt they'll watch.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if I'm going to the neighborhood bar for cigar sunday to watch or stay at home. Haven't heard of anyone having a party, which would be the preferred option, but I'm not hosting and doing that work this year.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

at home as always with the wife and kids. I like to watch football in a quiet area where i can focus on the game. Football is not a time i enjoy socially interacting.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might watch the game, might not.

I do have a little more interest in this one because of Mahomes. He sounds like a future superstar and his dad played for the Twins.

My wife asked me who we were cheering for, I said Kansas City for those reasons, and the fact that KC hasn't won it for a long time. If she makes some snacks and wants to watch, I will.

My other interest is to see how good the 49ers look. After destroying the Vikings, I'd like to see how much better these two teams are. Vikings "window" is shrinking. Not even sure it was ever a window.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

The wife and I are going over to a friends house. Big party lots of food and beer...

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watching with the wife while putting a puzzle together. Chiefs B)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same as the championship games, friends over my house. Drinking, eating and playing poker

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Home with my wife and our cat. She is making up a tub of BBQ wings, her yearly tradition. Will be watching the Waste Mgt. Golf tourney up until game time. Limited interest in pregame hype. Our cat likes the Over/SF.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".