Home U.S. Coin Forum

1918/7 D Buff

CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 28, 2020 12:23PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Other then the Rim damage and scratch on the reverse is this more of a problem coin? I paid a little under retail for the coin (I think so) $350. Any and all comments welcome as usual. Sorry for the lousy pics in advance I will take some decent captures when time allows me to do so.

Tagged:

Comments

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2020 1:15PM

That seems like a much scarcer item than 3 C notes and a fifty !
    I don't think that damage would bother me. It helps that it's very OLD damage. I always liked crusty device Buffalos....Cool coin !

• CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

It is a key variety or one of them rather. It doesn’t bother me (to much personally) Thxs! I don’t Have a need in my collection for this so I purchased it with intent to look then sell 😆😆> @thebeav said:

That seems like a much scarcer item than 3 C notes and a fifty !
    I don't think that damage would bother me. It helps that it's very OLD damage. I always liked crusty device Buffalos....Cool coin !

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

seems like a fair price

Frank

BHNC #203

• CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

I gave up on trying to find one in the wild 🙃

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a good space filler for a low grade Buffalo album set. It won't (and shouldn't) straight grade as it is a problem coin.

All glory is fleeting.
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cherried over a dozen of them, the first in 1962 and the last around six years ago, grading from AG to VF. It's nearly impossible to cherrypick one these days.

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

<------ I posted here so my G-6 could be part of the record.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not bad.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

not bad at all

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a neat variety....much more so than the 37-D 3 leg.....to me at least.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW-I think you got a good deal for the money.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting strike.
    I wonder …na,
    Now I’m on the hunt for her and her relatives.
    Thanks for the guidelines to look for.
    Cool history class.

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not bad, but I'd have spent a tad more to get one with a clearer date. When they get worn down and mushy like this, it takes a little more imagination than I want to give to a coin,
    Congrats

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it... wish I had bought one 30 years ago.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like a fair price - congrats!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRH4LIFE said:
    I gave up on trying to find one in the wild 🙃

Never give up on trying to find anything in the wild. In 2008 I picked a nice g-vg 1918/7-d at a coin show in cleveland.
    And a few years ago I got this coin, an unc 1913 type one 3 & 1/2 legged buff on eBay

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file