Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Not a NYINC report...but is it weird that a dealer hasn't cashed my check from NYINC yet?

I wrote four checks while I was there, three were cashed quite promptly but the fourth is still floating.

It's not a dealer I've ever purchased from before (unlike the other three who I know exactly how to contact) so is this normal or should I internet-stalk her to make sure the check is not lost? Full disclosure, I've already found her email and found her facebook page so perhaps 'should I' is more 'should I now contact her'.

Is that too weird and/or is this normal dealer behavior? I mean I would hope she would have taken it to her hotel room and deposited it on her phone app! She is from California so it's not like there was international travel involved.

It's a relatively small check and it's not like I balance my checkbook or anything but it's driving me nuts. Why can't people just cash their checks?!!

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

After a big show, dealers can be in a bit of disarray. And maybe the dealer is feeling ill as well. You should reach out to the dealer to ask if he/she is ok. Being nice is always nice, right?

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EVillageProwler said:
    After a big show, dealers can be in a bit of disarray. And maybe the dealer is feeling ill as well. You should reach out to the dealer to ask if he/she is ok. Being nice is always nice, right?

I've got her email :smiley: I'll send one. No harm in asking. And it was the smallest check I wrote!

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have the coin in hand?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not everyone uses phone apps for banking. It has only been a week.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d say normal

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

@Yorkshireman said:
    Not everyone uses phone apps for banking. It has only been a week.

Say it isn't so!!

That said, it just was noticeable because all the other checks were deposited quite quickly. > @ajaan said:

Do you have the coin in hand?

A medal (well, a small plaque that is) and yes.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are those goat legs? :o

• Options

Yep, a faun. There are a lot of boy fauns on things, not so many girls.

I also bought the male version from another dealer, but with a very different patina.

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw them. They were quite interesting, and very different from the stuff I usually look at.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com