Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

OT: Can you send Fedex labeled usps box through the mail

I have a mislabeled psa pack I need to send to them. They gave me a prepaid FedEx shipping label. I was just curious if anyone knew if you could send a FedEx shipping label on a USPS small box? Thanks in advance.

Working on the following sets
1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might not be a good idea.

I tried to re-use a priority mail bubble mailer the other day and the postal worker said it "might come back".

Cover the box where it indicates that it is a USPS item.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no clue, but my common sense is saying 100% no.

• abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Thanks. I was leaning towards no as well.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea, but I can't imagine it wouldn't go through. No different than me taking a return back to Menard's but using a Lowe's bag to transport the item.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020 12:44AM

those boxes are "free" pending shipping payment for the priority service through USPS. if you packed something up in one, dropped it off at Fedex and you paid for and affixed a proper Fedex label to the box, Fedex will ship it as is. however, it may cause some confusion if someone doesn't pay attention and thinks its actually a USPS box and tried to kick it back. just use a normal box or bubble mailer.

now if you're asking if USPS will ship a fedex labeled USPS priority box through their system, I think you can figure that one out. but when you say "through the mail" it makes me think you're trying to fedex a USPS box through USPS since fedex isn't "the mail".

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dontippet said:
    I have no idea, but I can't imagine it wouldn't go through. No different than me taking a return back to Menard's but using a Lowe's bag to transport the item.

Quite a bit different.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020 12:42PM

@JoeBanzai said:

@dontippet said:

Quite a bit different.

It's probably not a great idea.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don't hold me to this, but I believe it is illegal to use priority mailers for anything other than their intended purposes. I wouldn't mess with a government agency.

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcoltsfan said:
    I have a mislabeled psa pack I need to send to them. They gave me a prepaid FedEx shipping label. I was just curious if anyone knew if you could send a FedEx shipping label on a USPS small box? Thanks in advance.

To answer your question, FedEx will ship the FedEx labelled USPS box. I wouldn't make a habit of it but it will ship.

Mike
  • coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

I brought a usps flat rate box to the post office and they wouldn't ship it because it had lithium batteries in it. I brought the box to fedex down the road and they put a label on it and shipped it.

• mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

If there is even a question if it is something one should do why do it? Go to the dollar store and get a box and ship it. It seems this is much to do about nothing.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • 81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

@mccardguy1 said:
    If there is even a question if it is something one should do why do it? Go to the dollar store and get a box and ship it. It seems this is much to do about nothing.

Ha, why did it take so long for this type of reply?

• dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@coinspacks said:
    I brought a usps flat rate box to the post office and they wouldn't ship it because it had lithium batteries in it. I brought the box to fedex down the road and they put a label on it and shipped it.

probably because lithium batteries and other dangerous stuff like ammunition can only be shipped via ground. by you putting it in a priority flat rate box with a 1-3 day delivery window, it would've probably flown at some point to its destination to meet the deadline. they need to be in a normal box, shipped first class or regular ground and would have had to affix a lithium battery sticker to it, indicating of whats inside.

• saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Just wrap the box with a brown paper bag first

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com