Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best way to submit ? Jeter auto

1997 topps Jeter auto . I am thinking dual service. Card and auto grade but have not really done any pre 98 autos

currently collecting baseball of
2004 spx
1989 topps psa 10
1959 phillies
Phillies of the 70's

Comments

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't do dual grade for card and auto. Reason:

The auto looks like a 9 - not a 10. The "D" looks a little thin but the "J" definitely is a little streaky. Unless you were sure it was going to come out as a 10, I would just have them authenticate the card and auto. That's just my opinion of course. Beautiful card btw.

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. The D is a bit weak in my opinion as well

2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 4:36PM

being pre-1998, its gonna have to go through as dual service regardless. personally, I own two jeter autos and I bought the Bowmans Best with the card graded, auto auth. personally, I prefer when both are graded, but thats just me. I honestly dont think the auto grade will really bring/hurt value as the auto is VERY bold and clear. its pretty good looking to me. maybe I just like the way the card/auto grade look vs just being authentic on one or the other. im actually considering sending the BB one back to get it reviewed and the auto graded so its no longer "auth".

• Options

Those are both great looking, thanks for your opinion

2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2020 6:34PM

here are some of my other duals with grades. I just think it makes the label look nicer, so when I choose to dual service, I just get the auto and card graded. and honestly, I seriously dont think theres a price difference on auto grades. to me, the only difference is when an auto is visibly smeared (not streaky) or runs off the edge of the card. that makes the cards appeal undesirable regardless of numerical grade. for 1998-modern however, I never grade the auto as seen in the last photo.

• Options

Good deal , I have a full set of 2004 Spx graded and same, no auto grades

2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 7:41PM

My two cents, probably not worth that, but if I'm paying for dual service, I want both grades/full service I'm paying for. I've had people fight over PSA 1/8 (card/auto) grades when selling, so I don't think it necessarily matters. In general, I won't pay more for a high auto grade for my personal collection, it's all eye appeal IMHO.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    My two cents, probably not worth that, but if I'm paying for dual service, I want both grades/full service I'm paying for.

exactly my view as well. which is why all of my self subbed duals have had card and auto graded. only the ones ive purchased may have had just an auth grade for one or the other, which I dont care for, but for the price I didn't mind.

• Options

@dictoresno1 said:

@LarkinCollector said:
    My two cents, probably not worth that, but if I'm paying for dual service, I want both grades/full service I'm paying for.

exactly my view as well. which is why all of my self subbed duals have had card and auto graded. only the ones ive purchased may have had just an auth grade for one or the other, which I dont care for, but for the price I didn't mind.

When you put it this way , makes sense to me .... wish me luck. Will probably get this out to PSA this week

2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's