Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

‘55 Aaron...

mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 25, 2020 10:02AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Per comments about the ‘73 sgc-96 Seaver not likely to cross due to chipping of the black back....I hAve decided to pull it for this card to cross.

mint_only_pls

Comments

• Options
    edited January 25, 2020 9:39PM

Delete.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2020 9:39PM

Delete.

mint_only_pls
  • Options

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 1:53PM

Nice card as all of them you have posted are. I suspect the Aaron may not get a 9 as the bottom right corner on the back appears slightly soft. That same corner on the front though looks perfect so they could cross it. It is nitpicky but sometimes can be the differnce in higher grades.

Not sure but it looks like there are some small dots on the back - are these dimples or just something in the paper. If dimples might hurt the grade. If print noise or paper fibers I do not think it would.

I think it could go either way. That card is gorgeous and one anybody would be proud to own. The colors really pop!

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable card..... sweet! IMO: It's a gamble that will cost you a grand to cross as a 9 and I don't think I would accept any less of a grade. Too high of a risk to accept an 8 or even an 8.5. Older SGC holder and I just think that PSA will over scrutinize and "punish" the card for not already being through their service. I'd factor what I had into it whether it be a hundred bucks, 10K or something acquired through trade, etc.... Great looking card. Good luck.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

The registration on this card is unreal.

Andy

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have seen it in person and the card is a monster. Color just drips off of it.

KC

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably the finest example of a 55 Hank I have seen. Wow!!! If you send it in keep us updated on the results.

• Options

Thx guys for the nice comments. I will let you know when I have it back.

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Good luck really hope it crosses for you. as others have said the card pops.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a beauty! I hope you get a 9.

• Options

Thanks pab and brad!!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Awesome looking card!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

centering is great

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Thanks halos and Craig!!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Fabulous card! Of course your choice but I feel like it should stay in that holder. For the simple fact that I would fear something would happen when removed from one holder to another. Call me paranoid but that card should never be touched again. Best of luck.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Piggs said:
    Fabulous card! Of course your choice but I feel like it should stay in that holder. For the simple fact that I would fear something would happen when removed from one holder to another. Call me paranoid but that card should never be touched again. Best of luck.

Late to the party as usual lol but I agree. Wouldn't touch it.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've got treasures like that but don't have a CCD flatbed scanner to show them off with? Broseph, you gotta rectify that. That card is too gorgeous for cell phones.

Arthur

• Options
    edited January 29, 2020 12:50PM

Reggie...

There is a scan of the card on Collectors Focus under the handle "Monte's Monets thru the Eyes of Topps"...look for Hammerin Hank.

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Everyone...

The card was sent out yesterday under Premium Service along w/SGC-96 Bench, SGC-92 Berra and a GAI-7 1963 1st series cello pack.

I placed a minimum grade of 9 on the Aaron.

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Good luck on all your crosses. I hope you get them in the PSA holder you desire! Thanks for sharing the cards on here they were definitely fun to look at (and drool over).

• Options

Wow just looked at your collector focus sight. Your collection is amazing. Congratulations. I especially like your Banks rookie. This is a card on my someday list and hope I can find one like that!!

• Options
    edited January 29, 2020 5:09PM

Brad...

Thanks so much for the nice comments. It is always nice to share my collection and enjoyable to see others...

mint_only_pls