Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Favorite Topps Baseball Design of 2010s??

StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

Now that we are into the 2020s, I was wondering what was your favorite Topps baseball design from the previous decade??

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Easy, 2015. I like me some borders. Plus I had an awesome time collecting the base set on Bunt that year. RIP sold out base.

Arthur

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Made me think a bit of the ‘82 design.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything with a border. No border was OK for a year to be different.... But now it is the standard and I don't like.

Shane

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

2018 Heritage! :) Honestly, I could not pick out the designs from standard Topps issues for the last 30 years. They all seem to have blended together for me after 1990. Your mileage may vary!

Matt

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 2:13PM

Here is a nice complete run of Topps base card images by year, for those like me who can no longer tell a 2013 card from a 2008 card. I guess the old man in me just wants to believe that the older sets I grew up with were better designs. More familiar for sure. The newer cards all just kind of blend together for me.

I will say though that I really liked the 2018 Bellinger and Judge cards when I first saw the set design and thus that design kind of stuck in my head as being cooler than any other recent issue from Topps. It was definitely the combo of the Future Star banner, rookie cup and action shots.

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/evolution-topps-baseball-cards-1951-2017

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of fugly in there.

Andy

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

For the Basic Set: 2015
    For any Topps Set: The Living Set