Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1956 Topps Roberto Clemente Psa Sub

Hello,
I recently got back into collecting BaseBall cards and was interested in trying to send a few cards in to get graded.
I was wondering what yinz might think this 1956 will grade for, or not to sub at all.
The bottom border is not straight, and wasn't sure if if was trimmed or something? The card measured out to be a little over 1/32 and about half 1/32 over in the middle part of card. So the card is cut larger than factory size? Is this normal?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would post in the main TC&M forum for more visibility on grading opinions. The cut definitely looks wonky on the bottom, but QC back then wasn't the greatest. Run your finger gently along the other edges and compare the feel to the bottom edge, both front and back. If trimmed, there should be a noticeable difference. I'd guess a PSA 5, 6 on a good day, if not altered. Great looking card!

• Options
    bammerbbbammerbb Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

My feeling is more towards in the 3.5 to 4 range. Here are my reasons. First, the God-awful centering. Second the upper border on the front runs downhill. Third corners have problems. If this was my card, I wouldn't grade it.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

The card has very nice eye appeal. Any 56 Clemente is worth grading....but do some tests first.
    The bottom and top look wavy and that doesn't look factory even in poor production standards.
    So if trimmed send it in and request authentic if it doesn't grade out.
    If you have another 56 card match them up for overall size.. Do as Larkin coll says
    Get a black piece of paper and put on a flat surface. Then stand card up and shine a flashlight from the back and view from the front. Do this for the both edges.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets