Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Kyle Ponterio Collection

PCGS_SocialMediaPCGS_SocialMedia Posts: 311 mod
edited January 22, 2020 12:50PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

If you are a fan of counterstamped coins, the newly posted recap of The Kyle Ponterio Sale is full of pieces from all over the world including British Honduras, Mozambique, and the Spanish Philippines examples pictured below.

Be sure to see the article for even more impressive pieces and some great history!

https://www.pcgs.com/news/kyle-ponterio-sale

Comments

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting .... I guess when your in the coin business you can be collections like this ....interesting and nice

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice group, I haven't seen a sunface with a Philippines C/S before.

• Options
    jgennjgenn Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭✭

The article by Jay Turner is certainly worth a view. There were more Kyle Ponterio items auctioned than shown -- it looks like the selection of coins that were described were based on the strength of their hammer price, so not necessarily representative of the overall collection.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:
    Thanks for posting .... I guess when your in the coin business you can be collections like this ....interesting and nice

Anyone can build a collection like this. It just takes way more effort than most people are willing to make.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    jgennjgenn Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll show off my pieces when then arrive.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that event recap. Very exciting to see and learn much about counterstamped coins. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall