Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

coins and canada type sites for other countries

I love the coins and canada site , for me its extensive info about varieties more than the pricing data. I'm not really selling any canadian stuff but the pricing helps me know what might be worth more in the future so I can put it aside if its in with my bulk piles.

I'm curious about other countries like the UK , Australia, India and New Zealand ,does anyone have any links to sites for those countries in a similar vein ?

I have some piles of pennys half pennys and farthings and non silver shillings etc I was going to go through . I feel like I might sell off some bulk from those countries and don't want to sell something worth while for a quarter if it might be rare.

I had a link to a site about Australian pennys that was great but I lost it in a computer changeover

Comments

• sylsyl Posts: 902 ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2020 2:29PM

Each year of the annual Canadian Charlton guide has a variety section in the back, a new denomination and monarch for each year published. The good ones start in 2011 (65th edition) that had Vicky large cents. If you put a post on the "Coins and Canada" site asking for which publishing year contains which denomination coin or the "Coin Community Family" site, scroll down the left hand side of the home page and you will get specialized forums and subforums for some different countries. I think that there are 5-6 subforums just for Canadian stuff (varieties, errors, banknotes, tokens, etc.) on the CCF forums, but there is General, World, Brit, Australia, etc. The dark and grey-side collecting is addictive.

• sylsyl Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

YQQ ... I emailed him with the link.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@syl said:
    Each year of the annual Canadian Charlton guide has a variety section in the back, a new denomination and monarch for each year published. The good ones start in 2011 (65th edition) that had Vicky large cents. If you put a post on the "Coins and Canada" site asking for which publishing year contains which denomination coin or the "Coin Community Family" site, scroll down the left hand side of the home page and you will get specialized forums and subforums for some different countries. I think that there are 5-6 subforums just for Canadian stuff (varieties, errors, banknotes, tokens, etc.) on the CCF forums, but there is General, World, Brit, Australia, etc. The dark and grey-side collecting is addictive.

I sold off a bunch of charltons I had. A run from like 69-79 or something . There was a ton of info but the prices were slightly out of date :# I would have kept them for reference but I had too much stuff. I ditched about 10 years of the numismatist at the same time and I miss those as well :'(