Home Sports Talk
Options

ebay stores???

jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 21, 2020 2:23PM in Sports Talk

Are they worth it??
I am thinking of basic. I really never sell but do have excess cards

For sportscards what is the final value fee? I know it depends on price but is it close to 10%
Is there a difference between starter fees and basic??

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
1948-76 Topps FB Sets
FB & BB HOF Player sets
1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

In coins it is worth the basic $28 per month store if your sales are in the $1000 per month or higher range. Not sure of the fees on cards and don't want to speculate in that category.

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

My feeling is that a store is worth it depending on the volume of listings you plan to have at any time. For $5 a month a starter store gets you 100 listings per month, which is better than the regular.30 per item listing fee. Final value fees are about 10% plus and extra 2-3% from PayPal. Plus any shipping charges your not charging for.
    The listings can be for auctions or buy it now. And that nickel listing gets you a basic description plus up to 12 pictures you can add. That’s not a bad deal.
    eBay has started adding sales tax to final sales and is collecting on the sellers behalf so a seller doesn’t have to worry about that. But it’s just another charge to the buyer on top any shipping charge. So it makes selling lower price items a bit more difficult because you want to get some actual revenue for the sale after the triple fees, but now you have to add on postage (and shipping graded cards have to be sent as packages which is about $3.75) and now there’s sales tax too.
    If the item doesn’t sell, it will roll over after 30 days and count towards your next months 100 listings. But if you get a few sales. eBay often will give out extra free 30 day listings.