Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How to treat a 1099 from PayPal

2»

Comments

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020 1:04PM

    Received a PP 1099K for more than $20K income with one paypal account. Received a second PP 1099K for less than $20K on a second PP account. Likely because both have the same SS number.

    I wonder if each account did not meet the reporting threshold, but when combined they did, if PP would issue a 1099K? Anyone outside of Massachusetts and Vermont where $600 triggers a PP 1099K, get 1099K's from PP that were all below the $20K threshold?

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Pedzola said:
    I thought 1099 requirement was tripped at $600. For my small business I need to send a 1099 to any lawyer or service provider i spend more than 600 with. This excludes suppliers / inventory cost.

    Different types of 1099's with different purposes.

    Discussion here is the "K" form.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I took Heather's advice, and keep my mouth shut.... and do what I'm told.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file