David Soul

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Charles Bronson

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Palminteri

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clint Eastwood

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brian Dennehy

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll also go with Clint Eastwood, he could beat you up by just looking at you.

• Options

@Brick said:
    Barney Fife. The fact he carried a bullet in his pocket scared the crap out of me.

Hell, in one episode when Andy left him in charge, he locked up the whole town.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Surprised nobody has mentioned Chuck Norris. Steven Segal was also very good. Especially when the 15 bad guys came at him one at a time. ;)

John Wayne for Westerns.

• Options

Caine was the guy that you didn't want to mess with.

• Options

@Tabe said:
    Brian Dennehy

Have you seen the movie "Best Seller"?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say Clint Eastwood. The "Do you feel lucky, punk" scene is forever etched in my memory.

• Options

Not even Chuck Norris could handle the master, Bruce Lee. I love this scene when he breaks Chuck Norris's arm and leg in one furious outburst..

• Options

Watching Bruce Lee was like poetry in motion.

• Options

The famous scene when Bruce Lee jumped up and kicked the light out.

• Options

I will give one caveat. When you talk about Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and others, they are martial arts guys; in my mind they go into a different category.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@Tabe said:
    Brian Dennehy

Not OP, but I haven't seen it. Just looked it up. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't watch many newer shows. My wife likes to have ION reruns in the background of our life sometimes. In this role atleast, I think Jason Beghe is good on Chicago PD.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@Tabe said:
    Brian Dennehy

Not OP, but I haven't seen it. Just looked it up. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

One of those movies that few people saw, but was very entertaining. Another was "FX"!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@Tabe said:
    Brian Dennehy

No. Never heard of it.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I don't watch many newer shows. My wife likes to have ION reruns in the background of our life sometimes. In this role atleast, I think Jason Beghe is good on Chicago PD.

I love watching Sgt. Hank Voight, although I was disappointed when they killed off Alvin Olinsky. I though those two complimented eachother quite well.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

For westerns I like Wayne for sure. But don't mess with Marshall Dillon or lucas McCain.
    Way to many Eastwood sayings to post. Just before the Punk line......Well were not just gonna let you leave.....
    (Punk) Who is we M F (eastwood) "Me and Smith & Wesson"
    Harry you shot a unarmed man......Well he should have armed himself.
    Eastwood " when you get to liking somebody they aint around long." (Chief) I noticed when you get to not liking somebody they aren't around long either."

Cain was a favorite of mine also. Loved the series. However he wasn't a tough guy but that little mouse you had better not mess with.

My wife loved Chicago PD. We have seen every episode for sure. Hank Voight is a true tough guy.
    In an interrogation…...you're gonna tell me what I want to know or were gonna take a ride.....only one of us is gonna come back.'

Never piss of Rambo or Segal.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2020 6:50AM

@Coinstartled said:
    Caine was the guy that you didn't want to mess with.

Years ago I saw a great interview with Chuck Norris. Before filming "Lone Wolf McQuade" Chuck had heard that Dave sometimes "forgot" to pull his punches during his fight scenes, Chuck said that learning how to pull a punch was one of the first things you had to learn in martial arts so that no one got hurt sparring.

Chuck approached Dave before filming and let him know that if Dave forgot to pull any of his punches Chuck might also forget. There was no problems from Mr Carradine during the movie!

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll take Clint Eastwood

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Andy Sipowitz.

• Options

I do like Chuck Connors, but the only show I remember with him is THE RIFLEMAN. I also remember him in a show called BRANDED; I believe that was only on for a few seasons. other than those two, were there any others anyone can recall?

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok-OC0ckfVI

• Options

Well what the hell. <3

• Options

Mrs Peel....that's just not right as a tough guy.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Bronson and Eastwood were my favorites

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    I do like Chuck Connors, but the only show I remember with him is THE RIFLEMAN. I also remember him in a show called BRANDED; I believe that was only on for a few seasons. other than those two, were there any others anyone can recall?

He was the father of "Chicken George". I heard he was the first player to demolish the backboard.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@JRR300 said:

Have you seen the movie "The Big Country"?

He was SUPERB in this movie, not a tough guy role, but he was a GREAT villain!

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@JRR300 said:

I have not, but will make it a point to watch. Thanks

• Options

@JRR300 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@JRR300 said:

I have not, but will make it a point to watch. Thanks

GREAT movie! Hope you enjoy it.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2020 8:04AM

@JRR300 said:

Chuck Connors also played baseball for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1949, the Chicago Cubs in 1951. He also played basketball for the Boston Celtics in 1947 and 48.

• Options

Had heard that he played Basketball, but didn't know he had played Baseball as well.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

how about the little tough guy, Jimmy Cagney

• Options
  • Options

How about the one where he smashed the grapefruit in the woman's face.

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Jimmy Cagney the roaring 20s, Bogie alias Roy Earl High Sierra.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

James Cagney became a star after Public Enemy was released by Warners in 1931. That film features Jean Harlow and Mae Clarke... Mae Clarke was the one that got the grapefruit. We should not be seeing Cagney as George M Cohan, but as Cody Jarret the character he played in White Heat (Warners 1949). Great film... Great cast and that film is in a class by itself. And that is not to say Public Enemy, Angels with Dirty Faces among others are not terrific... Warners had the best gangster films and stars.

Edward G. Robinson as Rico in Little Ceasar set the standard for others to follow. Robinson was great and to the best of my recollection was never nominated for an academy award. His role as Johnny Rocco in Key Largo was a legendary. A great entrance to the film followed by a demeanor of a mobster that needs to be seen to be appreciated. My overview will never do justice to his ability in connection with perfecting the role of mobster for that time.

And then there is George Raft and others that should be mentioned... Bogart was already mentioned. And perhaps his best film, Maltese Falcon (1941), will always be overshadowed by Casablanca (1943). Films have a history, that over time, fades as older generations pass on and younger generations loose or just never have the connection to films and a level of greatness and even brilliance that was accomplished but is not seen today for what it was at the time. There is a disconnect as technology and special effects take center stage over the black and white camera angles with lighting creating a contrast and image that has its rightful place in cinematography. And sadly this has been replaced with something different. A doze of reality that we were trying to escape from.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cagney even sounds like a gangster when he's singing.

Angels with dirty faces is one of my favorite movies, and Cagney is one of the all time great gangsters for sure.