Home Q & A Forum

First Strike Grading.

I called PCGS today to send some coins in. I have 4 rolls of the America Innovation Dollars that I was going to send in and wanting the first strike label. Two box’s have not been opened from the mint. Two are in the unopened white box. The lady said I could not get a first strike liable on any rolled coins like these ?

Comments

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a deadline for each coin from the release date that you have to send in inorder to get them first strike label

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020 2:20PM

@stm004 said:
    I called PCGS today to send some coins in. I have 4 rolls of the America Innovation Dollars that I was going to send in and wanting the first strike label. Two box’s have not been opened from the mint. Two are in the unopened white box. The lady said I could not get a first strike liable on any rolled coins like these ?

If you have over 100 coins then it can be submitted as a bulk submission and no special labels. Least expensive route and follow the directions very carefully.

https://www.pcgs.com/services/bulksubmissions

————-

Non-bulk submissions, you can still submit 100+ coins but will cost a lot more; follow the directions carefully:

https://www.pcgs.com/submissionguide

—————

Either way you go it’ll cost $$$.

Edit to add:

First Strike instructions and deadlines: https://www.pcgs.com/firststrike/

• I wanted to do the bulk submission since I had 100 coins was going for MS67 or better. I thought as long as coins remained in unopened box from mint that they could get first strike. Can you not get first strike labels with bulk submissions

@stm004 said:
    I wanted to do the bulk submission since I had 100 coins was going for MS67 or better. I thought as long as coins remained in unopened box from mint that they could get first strike. Can you not get first strike labels with bulk submissions

Yes, you can get FS, but not special labels since it’ll be on the standard blue label.

Have you signed and submitted the bulk submission agreement? It’s in the link above.

After submitting (fax/email) the bulk agreement ensure it’s accepted/received and then submit your coins with a submission form.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• yes i submitted my form Friday just waiting for it to be accepted..Thank you guys

@stm004 said:
    yes i submitted my form Friday just waiting for it to be accepted..Thank you guys

Let us know how it goes and about how long it takes to grade 100+ coins, please.

• SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

The only issue you might have is MS67 as a minimum grade will yield possibly ZERO coins graded. I screen 2000 or more of each release and turn in 5% for grading. Good Luck!