Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Real or fake? T206 bat off cobb

Not mine, saw it posted on facebook.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pics are too blurry to say with certainty, but if it's a fake, it's one of the best I've seen.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

Fake

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good to me. Ahmanfan. What makes you think it's fake. Right font, right color ink on the name, right series.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

I agree with Larkin.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion it's a fake.

The basic problem with viewing reprints on the internet is that a lot of these reprints have been around now for many years. Used to be it was easy to spot fake wear, etc, from an internet pic. But now after a number of years in the junk drawer, etc, these reprints start to develop natural wear just like a normal card would.

Bottom line - i would never, even for cheap, buy that card ungraded off the internet.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Very hard to tell. Keeping the wear and creases out of the equation as that is one of the most likely ways to make a RP look old I also wonder why is it not graded? There are finds out there and authentic raw copies for sale.
    What makes me think it is real is the slight print loss in the blue border lines. RP generally have solid lines. The overall color looks good.
    What makes me think its fake is the centering. Most RP are centered. It is unusual to have 50-50 centering on vintage cards. his is dead centered front and back.

The story that goes with it and where it is being sold are clues. Does face book have buyer protection??
    Was this card recently found in a grandfathers attic?

What else id the seller listing?? Does he have a nice 52 Mantle??

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

First question has always got to be “why not graded?”

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Looks good to me. Ahmanfan. What makes you think it's fake. Right font, right color ink on the name, right series.

I’m no expert on these but the corners seem too conveniently worn neatly and equally. Don’t like it.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

It definitely looks like a manufactured aged card. Like Ahman stated, the corners are dead giveaways to me.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's up with the triangular staining on the back? Is that just from the shadow? Or is that on the actual card? I don't like it. I'm calling fake.

Andy