Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Has anyone here gotten anything in the new PCGS Banknote holders yet?

I know this is soon, but I'm eager to see something in the new holder. Please post a picture if you have something already graded by them! :)

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a thread here that shows the new holder https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1031098/pcgs-lunch-currency-sample

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS was giving samples away at their table today in New York City — at the New York International Numismatic Convention (NYINC)

I’ll add that the signature on the note will always trigger this infamous “black glove” photo in my head:

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philographer said:
    PCGS was giving samples away at their table today in New York City — at the New York International Numismatic Convention (NYINC)

I’ll add that the signature on the note will always trigger this infamous “black glove” photo in my head:

That’s awesome! I want one. :'(

:D

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

She still creeps me out though 😬

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020 12:13AM

I don’t like it. It looks completely waterproof, but the letters of the PCGS logo are small, the gold shield could have been placed elsewhere and there’s too much chatter on the front side of the strip above the note. Like a late copy of PMG.

In fact,, there’s more of a sense of continuity with the old (and something we all want to forget) PCGS Banknote Grading, later PCGS Gold Shield, than the minimalistic and smart old green holders that J.Bradford was using. I would have preferred to see a holder closer looking to that, but that’s just me, with 80% of my notes graded by PCGSCurrency under Jason B.Notes that I do not intend to cross.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

What happened to the previous pcgs currency grading owners?

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

They were not owners. PCGS had leased them the currency grading department (and their logo) from 2009 to 2019, renewable for an additional 10 years, but the contract has not been renewed to our great surprise. As it turned out, it was a horrible decision for the collectors and for the person who had the lease.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    DFrohmanDFrohman Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

So will our old PCGS Currency notes automatically cross at the same grade?

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Nope, you have to submit them to cross at the appropriate service level fee based on the notes value and pay the 💰

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

@DFrohman said:
    So will our old PCGS Currency notes automatically cross at the same grade?

No
    A lot of people were financially hit by that

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

GrandAm :)