Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Brief FUN Show Report

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Another piece of hardware I had to lug home on the plane ...

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

Comments

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

Congrats! So the note came as part of the award? Makes a pretty nice trophy IMHO.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the note came as part of the award?

Yes, it did. It's a great incentive to exhibit at the FUN show - rather than just get another piece of hardware to fill up the house. you can actually win something with some value. I would encourage folks to exhibit here - they do give out awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and all exhibitors also get a 1 oz. Silver Round.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

congrats...excellent!

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your award!!!

Looks like a no brainer to Exhibit, an ounce of silver perked my ears right up! With some of my auction wins at FUN, I might have a compelling entry for small size notes! 😃

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a no brainer to Exhibit

That's right, Robert. Now, granted, with nine exhibits in the Paper Money class this year, there's no guarantee that anyone can win an award but, as I said, all exhibitors do get a Silver Round. Also, as an exhibitor, you can get into the show floor during dealers' hours before 10:00 am instead of hanging out in the lobby with the "public".

Speaking of Silver Rounds, I was also drafted to be an Exhibit Judge and you get another Silver Round for performing that duty - more loot to throw in the luggage for the trip home.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great prize. Was worth your effort to exhibit.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".