Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Coin Bonus Question

Quick question on the bonuses that some coins have in the registry. Using a Jefferson Nickel as an example: you receive 2 bonus points for a DCAM coin and also 2 points for Full Steps. Assuming these designations are meant for PR and MS coins respectively, does that mean a PR 67 DCAM and a MS 67 FS both receive the same score? Seems like it would, but I wanted to make sure.

OG

Comments

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

The best way to see bonus details is in the "Set Composition" link that is located at the top of each specific Registry set area. Some nickels have one point for CAM, some 2 or 3 points bonus for DCAM, some no bonus at all depending on rarity, dates, etc.

Things related to how the bonus points and composition can be different for each set depending, and are not necessarily the same at all for MS/PR.

• I pulled those numbers from the 7070 set composition, just wanted to make sure they meant what I thought they did.

OG
  • TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

I never got any clear information about this with my Lincoln set. I would find examples of both the Jefferson’s you are looking for, and use the What If function to see how much it moves your set in the Registry.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• OldGoldOldGold Posts: 41 ✭✭

@Tunis said:
    I never got any clear information about this with my Lincoln set. I would find examples of both the Jefferson’s you are looking for, and use the What If function to see how much it moves your set in the Registry.

Great idea, thanks!

OG
  • OldGoldOldGold Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020 12:20PM

Just an update, I used 2 different Jefferson nickels with the "What If" function and got the following results:

1942-D MS67FS had a score of 69
    1978-S PR67DCAM had a score of 69

So, it appears the score does work the way I had assumed. Thanks for the suggestion @Tunis

OG