Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

WTB - Great Britain 1902 matte proof Maundy set

In 1902, Great Britain minted a matte proof set of Edward VII coins, which included the four Maundy money coins. I am trying to finish the silver coins from this set (the gold are veryexpensive!) and need these Maundy matte proof coins, not the simultaneous issued brilliant proofs. Ebay has been no particular help, so I thought I would reach out to the group here. The rest of my set is PR 62 to 64, so I don't need a really high grade set to fit in, just something in the 63-65 area. Graded or not (and no need for any case)...

If anyone has a set of the Maundy coins they'd be willing to sell, please shoot me a PM with your price and we'll talk.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you checked maundy.co.uk? They sometimes have some good stuff. The other one might be atlasnumismatics.com

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    gscoinsgscoins Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

3stars, excellent advice. I was unaware of the maundy.co.uk site; took a look last night. The one 1902 matte proof set they listed had been sold by the time I got on their site, but I will shortly send them an email telling them of my interest. I will also see Atlas next weekend at the NYC show.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s only a few of us maundy collectors out there, so happy to help!

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2