Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Any members here in Trucking/Transportation Logistics??

CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 6, 2020 9:49PM in U.S. Coin Forum

2 questions here 1- As to how many of any share my field of work 2- Have any of you ran across any interesting coins along the way? Thxs My one and only story is a novelty toy/candy machine at a truck stop in southern Indiana outfitted with coins from Wheat backs to SlQ’s and at a charge of 1.50-2.50 a pop. I don’t have pictures any more. I did grab a couple :) Couldn’t resist

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool.
    I was going from Cal. to the east coast and stopped in a filling station .
    It was in Mississippi inside the restraint. Nice people, but at the time had to make time.
    All the coins were placed inside those egg shaped holders.
    US 1 Cents....only
    Very good idea @ 25 cents per turn.
    I might add 3 smokeys were leaving as I was pulling in.
    Of course they head me sounding the alarm, I'll never forget that look he gave me.
    lol

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't in trucking persay but did audit trucking company invoices for a major oil producer and refiner in the 1990's. Interesting job, learned a lot.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worked for a broker for a little over five years. As it was an office job, no interesting coins found out in the field. I did travel to shippers at the time to drum up business, but collecting had taken a back seat during those years.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:

Of course they head me sounding the alarm, I'll never forget that look he gave me.
    lol

:D

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but I have found some nice Lincolns at local truck stops. They generally all have a coin dispensing machine behind the counter. And typically will have coins from all over the states.

• Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

I am a diesel mechanic and fleet manager for a 19 truck fleet. We haul products that deal with agriculture and only work for farmers. We run 20 hours a day 7 days a week. I never know what each day will bring and what stress each phone call may have. We stay in state so I don’t have any cool finds for your second question.

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options

@Dscoin said:
    I am a diesel mechanic and fleet manager for a 19 truck fleet. We haul products that deal with agriculture and only work for farmers. We run 20 hours a day 7 days a week. I never know what each day will bring and what stress each phone call may have. We stay in state so I don’t have any cool finds for your second question.

Very cool, What state do you operate out of?

• Options

I usually burn up all of my 14 hrs as a driver since I’m regional

• Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

@CRH4LIFE said:

@Dscoin said:

Very cool, What state do you operate out of?

I am in a rural area of Minnesota, had -14 this morning, no trucks gelled up so it’s been a good day!!

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file