Home Sports Talk
Options

what is the worst thread coinstartled ever begat?

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't put my finger on it , its not for want of examples :D

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

There have been some real dosey's(sp) LOL B) But he keeps things lively! ;)

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2020 6:15PM

mick jagger said it best. "there's no such thing as a worst thread" or something to that effect.

now the most confusing one for me thus far is the:

"best movie you've never seen"

a real head scratcher, for sure!

kinda like a jumbo shrimp.

but hey, we are sitting here talking about it now. which brings it full circle, i guess. 😁

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need you coinstartled. Never leave.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    We need you coinstartled. Don't leave for the 5th time.

FIFY

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

He kinda reminds me of the character in the Bruce Willis movie where he needs the help of this uber nerd computer guy, who has the only electricity in the city.
    For sure, Coiny has lots and lots and lots of time on his hands.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@artee said:
    mick jagger said it best. "there's no such thing as a worst thread" or something to that effect.

But it provokes thought. This is a sports forum that gets caught up in simple stuff like who is the best (fill in the blank.) of all time and nearly a thousand posts about a mediocre at best Cowboy's team.

It got Dallasactuary to stop thinking about Gene Tenace for a while and considering why he has never seen Raging Bull. I'll be he watches the movie at least once by the end of the month.

I'll probably get a copy of 2001 now (I don't do the alternate streaming shtick) and after dozing through the into, watch the rest of the movie that has been regaled for half a century.

I may even pick up a copy of planet of the Apes and see if I can figure it out 52 years after seeing it at a theatre. I doubt it, but the final scene was provocative.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@artee said:

But it provokes thought. This is a sports forum that gets caught up in simple stuff like who is the best (fill in the blank.) of all time and nearly a thousand posts about a mediocre at best Cowboy's team.

It got Dallasactuary to stop thinking about Gene Tenace for a while and considering why he has never seen Raging Bull. I'll be he watches the movie at least once by the end of the month.

I'll probably get a copy of 2001 now (I don't do the alternate streaming shtick) and after dozing through the into, watch the rest of the movie that has been regaled for half a century.

I may even pick up a copy of planet of the Apes and see if I can figure it out 52 years after seeing it at a theatre. I doubt it, but the final scene was provocative.

Planet of the Apes. That damn ape Caesar, turns on us! It just gets my blood boiling thinking about it! I'll take a piece of his hairy ass anytime!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

There have been some real dosey's

• Options

doozies

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

There have been some real dosey's

Begat?

• Options
    edited January 7, 2020 10:45AM

@bronco2078 said:

doozies

i knew what he meant. which scares me a little. i've become proficient at deciphering his dimeisms

as for coin, i applaud his efforts to keep this place afloat. compare and contrast to the ghost town that is trading cards & memorabilia -- at any given time there are hundreds (if not thousands) of eyes on that forum, yet there have been about 10 posts thus far today

• Options

Hatched ?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@bronco2078 said:

doozies

i knew what he meant. which scares me a little. i've become proficient at deciphering his dimeisms

as for coin, i applaud his efforts to keep this place afloat. compare and contrast to the ghost town that is trading cards & memorabilia -- at any given time there are hundreds (if not thousands) of eyes on that forum, yet there have been about 10 posts thus far today

100% agreed. Not to mention this forum was a ghost town too not to long ago

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2020 11:57AM

@Coinstartled said:

@artee said:

But it provokes thought.

which was exactly my point. i like head scratchers.

as does a jumbo shrimp if ya think about it! 😉

i can hear seinfeld now...

“its jumbo. which is large and at the same time its a shrimp, which is small. what is the deal?!

• Options

@artee said:

i can hear seinfeld now...

“its jumbo. which is large and at the same time its a shrimp, which is small. what is the deal?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGaHqk2NJPI

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the worst, but ingenious because it only allows you to post one time :D

_You are invited to post your last post of the year on this thread.
    _

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1030533/you-are-invited-to-post-your-last-post-of-the-year-on-this-thread#latest

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date