CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any updates on the Garrett firing?

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Garrett still hasn't been canned yet.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry is just being his same on STUPID ATTENTION HOGGING SELF as usual. What a JERK!!

• Options

Clean your ears Jerry, you need to listen to the fans.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry tried to hire back Tom Landry, but was told that he is no longer available.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Jerry tried to hire back Tom Landry, but was told that he is no longer available.

Tom even had bought a new hat.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Next choice was David Stern. David declined.

:/

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

Next choice was David Stern. David declined.

:/

You guys are sick, but both of those could do a better job than Garrett! :o

• Options

I'd love to see Urban Meyer as the coach of Dallas. He's a no nonsense guy, who will get the most out of every player. If any player slacks off, he'll just take 'em aside and slap 'em around a little.

• Options

Well we all knew that Jerry and Jason were buddies, but from what i've read in the past few days, they're much closer friends than i thought they were.

Here is my guess as to what will happen at this point. Since the Cowboys don't really have a GM position, i think possibly Jerry "promotes" Garrett to GM as sort of an honorary title, and still goes out and hires a new head coach.

Of course Jerry is still the GM for all intents and purposes. But under this scenario he gets to keep his social friend and drinking buddy Jason Garrett with him, and he gets to hire a new head coach.

Jerry would consider this a win-win for himself.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I'd love to see Urban Meyer as the coach of Dallas. He's a no nonsense guy, who will get the most out of every player. If any player slacks off, he'll just take 'em aside and slap 'em around a little.

or slap their wives

• Options

@stevek said:
    Well we all knew that Jerry and Jason were buddies, but from what i've read in the past few days, they're much closer friends than i thought they were.

Here is my guess as to what will happen at this point. Since the Cowboys don't really have a GM position, i think possibly Jerry "promotes" Garrett to GM as sort of an honorary title, and still goes out and hires a new head coach.

Of course Jerry is still the GM for all intents and purposes. But under this scenario he gets to keep his social friend and drinking buddy Jason Garrett with him, and he gets to hire a new head coach.

Jerry would consider this a win-win for himself.

Jerry can make him Head Banana Wrangler for all I care......Just so he isn't HC!!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I dont think he can be fired at this point anyway. Hasnt his contract expired?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    Actually, I dont think he can be fired at this point anyway. Hasnt his contract expired?

I read somewhere that his contract ends 1/14/20, which seems weird.

• Options

Jerry Jones should appoint himself the head coach.

He could even be a player/coach, perhaps play on special teams, maybe third string QB or something?

• Options

You're on to something Steve. He could go both ways....pardon the PUN! He could play on the OL and DL. On the OL he could snap the ball to himself and then throw the ball to himself. He don't need all those extra players.

• Options

It's official...….Garrett is GONE! Good riddance to bad rubbish.....as they say!

I still haven't been offered the job. I don't understand...…..I would have a SB victory next year! Gareen….freaking.....teed!!!!!

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't imagine Jones letting Garrett go unless he already has a commitment from a top notch coach.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    I can't imagine Jones letting Garrett go unless he already has a commitment from a top notch coach.

Why? No HC would be better than Garrett! You could stand out there and clap and do as good as he did!

• Options

Jerry has a soft spot for Garrett, but business is business. If I were Jerry Jones I would treat Garrett to a Big Mac and fries, you know, so there's no bad blood.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Jerry has a soft spot for Garrett, but business is business. If I were Jerry Jones I would treat Garrett to a Big Mac and fries, you know, so there's no bad blood.

HaHa……...I would show him the door. Like I said before I would have never hired him. He was a worthless QB and even worse as a HC!!! GO AWAY JASON...…..YOU SUCK!!!!

• Options

Jerry should just buy Garrett a happy meal. They have Star Wars keychains as toys. Jerry could help Garrett complete the set, he would only need 9.

• Options

@doubledragon Only problem is......Garrett wouldn't know how to figure out what to do with them. You do realize Garrett couldn't pour pi$$ out of a boot if the instructions where written on the heal! :D