Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

eBay Money Back Guarantee

KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 31, 2019 3:34PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Has anyone used eBay Money Back
Guarantee?

Your experience pros & cons, recommendations etc?

I have never used eBay Money Back
Guarantee.

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2019 3:33PM

Please be more specific, is this regarding delayed shipping or a product that you are dissatisfied with?

• Options
    edited December 31, 2019 3:38PM

@Coinstartled said:
    Please be more specific, is this regarding delayed shipping or a product that you are dissatisfied with?

No what I am asking is if a deal went bad whether from buying or selling has anyone used EBay’s money guarantee & share their experiences here.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have not. The few returns i have made in 18 years have been problem free.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

You didn't buy something from the Doctor did you? :p

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Just had a package with a cheap christmas gift get "lost", seller was from Israel and used UPS, tracking number they showed and gave to be ebay said it was delivered and left by driver on my back porch- I don't have a back porch, and I was home all day the delivery was supposed to be made- no UPS van in my driveway- and I have cameras that cover my driveway and door. Seller would never answer my inquiries - only just kept resending tracking number. I finally checked with UPS myself- they said seller sent to wrong address, but it was in my town. They would however not give me the address- I live in a small town- I would've found it! Said claims were responsibility of the shipper/seller. So I filed an ebay money back quarantee claim- and ebay sided with the seller! - he had tracking number showing delivery after all. Bunch of crap, but luckily item with shipping was only about $12, not sure if aggrevation is worth it to pursue further.

• Options

@kevinstang said:
    Just had a package with a cheap christmas gift get "lost", seller was from Israel and used UPS, tracking number they showed and gave to be ebay said it was delivered and left by driver on my back porch- I don't have a back porch, and I was home all day the delivery was supposed to be made- no UPS van in my driveway- and I have cameras that cover my driveway and door. Seller would never answer my inquiries - only just kept resending tracking number. I finally checked with UPS myself- they said seller sent to wrong address, but it was in my town. They would however not give me the address- I live in a small town- I would've found it! Said claims were responsibility of the shipper/seller. So I filed an ebay money back quarantee claim- and ebay sided with the seller! - he had tracking number showing delivery after all. Bunch of crap, but luckily item with shipping was only about $12, not sure if aggrevation is worth it to pursue further.

Wow!!, thanks for sharing.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KollectorKing said:

@kevinstang said:

Wow!!, thanks for sharing.

Was the address actually incorrect? I doubt ebay would fail to cover you if they see the incorrect address.

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a buyer: (not a coin, but anyway): I bought a 4 speed transmission and an air conditioning set up. It was $900 including shipping for 2 items.

Box 1 arrived: 4 speed, loose in box, holes in both ends of the box where it had poked through. Shifter loose inside, bent. FedEx driver angry as oil inside his truck.

Box 2 arrived: Walmart style lawn mower box. Condenser taped to outside, fiberglass cased under dash unit inside with minimal padding, and cast iron brackets, compressor, etc loose with it. Fiberglass case smashed, condenser ruined.

Next Day, Box 3: Aluminum bell housing and cast iron flywheel, loose, flywheel teeth tore up the inside of the bell housing, debris everywhere.

Short version: The seller actually threatened me, ALL CAPS MESSAGES, etc. seller said FedEx out to get him as all the stuff he sent was damaged in shipment (including at least 3 other buyers). Ebay told me if he sent money to have the items crated, to return them to a FedEx office. He never sent money, and ebay blocked him eventually from communicating and he got the boot from ebay. Ebay refunded my $900 and told me to keep the parts, whatever was still good.

As a seller: I sold an item, $300 with shipping. The buyer had it 52 days, and filed for return, basically saying it was junk. and he would throw it away. Instead, I sent a return label, and got it back, nothing wrong,

Buyer got a refund, I was out the shipping, plus he left a neg.

I contacted ebay, sent some pictures.

The removed the negative, AND sent me $300, so basically, I was good to go as if the sale had been completed, PLUS I got my stuff back. Shipping is a big cost for me though.

• Options
    AercusAercus Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I got what turned out to be a counterfeit cent a few years ago (crappy images on the listing). Seller never responded to my return request. eBay refunded me out of their pocket. On the seller end, nothing so far. I'm thankful to have had good luck with buyers.

Aercus Numismatics - Certified coins for sale

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2020 6:04AM

never used ebay to file a claim. I always file my claim with paypal, they are the ones that have the money from the transaction. Over the years have filed probably 10 claims as a buyer, never lost a one, and probably have been reimbursed to the tune of $15K plus.

I suggest that all claims go through paypal. Always file claim over the phone. In most cases paypal expedited the claim upon filing which expedited my refund.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file