Home Autographs Forum
Options

Authentic Elton John autograph?

Hello all! I hope everybody is having a nice day. I have recently purchased this signed Elton John pop vinyl for my family member as a gift, as she is a super super huge Elton John fan. After giving it to her, we are starting to doubt its authenticity and would like second opinions on it so that I may return it if need be. It comes with a certificate but after doing some research I have heard bad things about the company. Any and all help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks :)

Here are some pictures. If anybody would like the original Ebay link I can provide that as well! Spoilered since they are VERY large images.

Answers

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2019 4:10PM

Nova, here is a discussion of Global Authentics that has been on-going on the Autograph Live website. There are many knowledgeable collectors who are members of this site. This discussion started in June, 2014, and if you skip to the later pages you will find the latest entry which was in August, 2019. Also, I have posted the photo of your signed item on that website and asked for opinions on its authenticity. I will let you know what the consensus is.
    https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/the-truth-about-global-authentics-steve-sipe-their-lead?id=3524372:Topic:603504&page=1#comments

• Options

@PipestonePete said:
    Nova, here is a discussion of Global Authentics that has been on-going on the Autograph Live website. There are many knowledgeable collectors who are members of this site. This discussion started in June, 2014, and if you skip to the later pages you will find the latest entry which was in August, 2019. Also, I have posted the photo of your signed item on that website and asked for opinions on its authenticity. I will let you know what the consensus is.
    https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/the-truth-about-global-authentics-steve-sipe-their-lead?id=3524372:Topic:603504&page=1#comments

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

• Options

The two responses that my posting has received on the other forum are not encouraging. Two members have stated that they do not believe that the signature is genuine.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

At one point he would send out a photo with a preprinted signature if you write to him in Las Vegas. If he still does that it might be better than nothing.

• Options
    NovaRaptorNovaRaptor Posts: 4
    edited December 31, 2019 8:13PM

Thank you, to both of you! I will be returning the product and asking for my money back. Thanks!

EDIT: The seller has multiple products similar to the one I purchased, all authenticated by the same company. All signed with the same metallic marker.. I will know to be more careful next time.

• Options

Good Luck, Nova. Please let us know how the seller handles this.

• Options

@PipestonePete said:
    Good Luck, Nova. Please let us know how the seller handles this.

I submitted a return request on the 31st. The seller responded and didn't sound very happy. I responded back and he hasn't said anything since that initial message on the 31st. I asked Ebay to step in and help yesterday and within minutes they came to a decision in my favor and I will be receiving a refund. I sent back the package today, Hopefully I will receive my refund soon after!

• Options

EBay will make it right for you. I'm glad you were able to prevent being taken for a ride on that.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

These autos. will now be seen more in the marketplace, especially with EJ's farewell tour, book, and his recent biopic. Tread lightly.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".