Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Collecting goals for 2020?

Hey all! What are your collecting goals for the upcoming year?
2019 saw me reach my goals. Another cool thing was for the first time in many years. I took in more money from selling cards than I spent.
For 2020, I plan on going lean (maybe 1976 and 1977 Topps baseball sets and a few random cards. Otherwise, I plan to actually look at and enjoy all the cards I've been squirreling away the past bunch of years.

Daniel

Comments

• Options
    BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

Liquidating all my blue chip cards and buying the best 52T Mantle I can afford with the proceeds.

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look out for #1 .... and don't step in #2.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Came up with these 2020 collecting goals:

1. Reach 70% complete on Yaz master set. I’m currently at 65.08%

2. Add at least 4 cards to my Patriots Team HOF RC registry

3. Send some TTMs

4. Clear out my backlog of cards I’ve been meaning to submit to PSA/DNA

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2020 11:49AM

Edit. Duplicate post.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    Parkerplenty123Parkerplenty123 Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

My collecting goal for this year is to get a full checklist of Kaepernick's cards and inventory the cards I have of him so far.

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

My goals are to hit . 300, score 100 runs, and stay injury-prone. Oh wait, that's not me, that's Mickey Rivers.

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

-Clean up the HUGE back-log of cataloguing my Orioles 50's to present cards
    -Try to get rid of the excess/loose ends (junk)
    -Get the last few missing cards from a couple 70's and current sets.
    -Just buy the cards/sets I want. Opening boxes and packs are fun but most are not generally not worth it. (Will still bust a few)
    -Add at least 1 more vintage Orioles bobblehead that I don't have

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2020 8:06AM

Reclaim the top spot in the Harmon Killebrew Master Set.

Submit the 100+ cards I have pulled from thousands of cards I had accumulated over the last 30 years and selling them.

Going through what's left and giving it away, or donating, anything I don't want in my personal collection.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

BIG FISH ITEMS
    Maybe sell my '38 Goudey set to fund a much more desirable unopened item.

Get that '73 Campioni dello Sport Nicklaus without breaking the bank.

Acquire an '84 Donruss rack with Mattingly on top. (Anyone wanna help?)

Purchase or self-sub an 84 OPC Mattingly PSA 10.

SMALLER FISH ITEMS
    I'd like to get the following challenging items but won't kill myself finding them:

85 Fleer Rack (Mattingly top)
    85 Fleer Cello (Mattingly top)
    85 Fleer Rack (Clemens top)
    85 Fleer Cello (Clemens top)
    85 Donruss Rack (Mattingly top)
    83 Topps cardboard header rack (Boggs top)

Continue to work on the Greenwell PSA 10 collection, the high-grade dead-centered OPC Bobby Clarke PSA run, and the high-grade dead-centered OPC Gretzky PSA run.

Andy

• Options
    1. To post instead of just reading the forum.
    2. To get to about 45-50% completion of my '59 Topps baseball set in all 8's. Currently at 34% complete.
    3. To put together the base set of 2019 Topps Chrome ripping packs. I don't collect a lot of modern, but it's still fun to rip some packs.
    4. To mostly avoid getting caught by the wife in picking up 10% more of the '59 set.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2020 5:21PM
    1. Get a signed Marques Johnson court kings card
    2. Pick up some nice unopened Clemens packs
    3. Add some nice basketball unopened
    4. Buy a Scooby doo comic
    5. Pick up a Jeter rookie unopened pack

I could use the help with these if anyone has something to contribute by selling let me know!

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

I'm keeping things simple and hoping to get my '75 Hostess set completed or at the very least, close. But I'm not just buying ANY panel, I'm talking about panels with enough cardboard around the intended printed card edges that'll allow me to redefine the panels borders. It's proven to be pretty tough so far, but if it weren't challenging, how would it be fun, right? So far 18 panels collected, 32 more to go. Anyone with these panels that want to sell, let me know!!

Currently seeking 1975 Hostess panels
    Got one, two, more? Let me know!!

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have definitely curtailed my spending in 2019 (thank you NY internet sales tax) and remained focused on my 1961 topps registry set. I will continue the same this year and work on a couple of side projects (1961 topps autos and 1958 topps registry).

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

I’d like to stop procrastinating and start a full set of 90-91 Upper Deck hockey. I’ve purchasing a ton of raw so now I just need to start plowing through it all to find candidates for grading.

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Finish up my 75 mini set in all PSA. Possibly build another pre 60 set either baseball or football.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

@detroitfan2 said:
    My goals are to hit . 300, score 100 runs, and stay injury-prone. Oh wait, that's not me, that's Mickey Rivers.

Mick the Quick , what a character, I wonder how he is doing with the horses?

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

finish my 55 and 56 topps sets. just picked up 2 56t (williams and clemente) and only need mays for both

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020 2:12PM

Buy some 2003-04 Topps Basketball packs.

Increase soccer card buying.

Attend the 2020 National.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

ill just do what i always try to do each year ( doesn't happen ) to stay within budget and keep up with my ebay and random box purchases