Home U.S. Coin Forum

Last purchase of the year. Common but cool, imho.

sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arrived today.
Inexpensive fun.
I'm a sucker for a little crackled pastel.
Happy New Year everyone.

MS66

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Comments

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fine looking quarter!

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2019 10:22AM

@sparky64 I may be crazy, but it may be a clashed die...look at the lower portion of the 4 on the date...looks like an inverted "S", but it is too small for the reverse legend UNITED STATES of AMERICA and it is too low for E PLURIUS UNUM.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the toning. Very attractive. A little surprised it made 66 with all those hits on the cheek, although that would not have stopped me from buying it.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@P0CKETCHANGE said:
    Love the toning. Very attractive. A little surprised it made 66 with all those hits on the cheek, although that would not have stopped me from buying it.

Standards have changed. Even 67+ coins can have a mark or two in prime focal areas nowadays. Luster and eye appeal are the trump cards.

• LJenkins11LJenkins11 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is sweet looking quarter, I like that it has uniform toning on both sides.

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice quarter. I like the toning.

Ken
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice quarter. The toning sets it apart from the rest.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2019 1:23PM

@oih82w8 said:
    @sparky64 I may be crazy, but it may be a clashed die...look at the lower portion of the 4 on the date...looks like an inverted "S", but it is too small for the reverse legend UNITED STATES of AMERICA and it is too low for E PLURIUS UNUM.

Good eye.
    It's difficult to see in hand with what it looks like in the TV.
    In hand with a 10x loupe, I would say it looks like a small chip and some metal displacement.
    Pics can be funny. I've seen TV's that look like strong doubling but there is none.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Real nice coin!

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that crackling rainbow toning... nice last pick up of the year!

• TitusFlaviusTitusFlavius Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Sweet quarter! Could that be a little bit of die rust on the 4? I haven't seen die rust on a coin of that late a date before, but perhaps quality control slipped a little with the huge 1964 dated mintages.

"Render therfore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." Matthew 22: 21
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful Quarter....what's not to love about that toning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file