Home Sports Talk
Options

Jerry Jones hit the wrong button on the fax machine...

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

And fired Tom landry again.

:#

Comments

• Options

No decision today--

Cowboys players talked about Jason Garrett as if he no longer is coach of the team. Garrett, though, will remain in his office for at least another day.

The Cowboys announced they will have no announcement Monday.

Garrett met with Jerry and Stephen Jones earlier in the afternoon.

It still appears the Cowboys will have a new coach for next season. But Jerry Jones said Sunday night that he was on his own timetable, unconcerned about other teams possibly getting a jump on interviewing coaching candidates.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang....I might have to go down there and throw him out of his office personally! :D

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's gone.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    He's gone.

@grote15 said:
    He's gone.

Hopefully it can not go any other way now with all that has been said.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Jones is going to Milton him and just stop paying after Jan 14th. Then the problem will take care of itself.

So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.
    We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    I think Jones is going to Milton him and just stop paying after Jan 14th. Then the problem will take care of itself.

So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.
    We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end.

Personally in this case I would look forward to the confrontation! :D

• Options

This is starting look fishy. I see where they are meeting again Tuesday. What's going on here!

Can't Jerry just say your fired!!!!! Come on...….2 words.....to someone who hasn't done a FREAKING thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2019 9:38PM

I had heard earlier today he was being fired..now, it's officially unofficial. Good lord, does Garrett have sex tapes of Jerry Jones in drag?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    I had heard earlier today he was being fired..now, it's officially unofficial. Good lord, does Garrett have sex tapes of Jerry Jones in drag?

You are thinking of Brady and Kraft.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry is going to have a good ‘ole Texan heart to heart chat and keep a Garrett. That’s my prediction

• Options

Jones and Garrett are drinking good schnapps and lighting Cohibas with hundred dollar bills as they read Dimes frantic posts.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Jerry is going to have a good ‘ole Texan heart to heart chat and keep a Garrett. That’s my prediction

If this happens my head will explode and I will probably be on the news!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

If this happens my head will explode and I will probably be on the news!

If this comes to pass, may all of us here split up your dime collection? :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Their history is long. I don’t see him back as a coach, but an executive role is not out of the question. Which would keep away from another team. Not sure if that’s good or bad.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

This has gone on way toooooooooooooooooooooooo long!! Jerry just likes to be in the news. ARGH!!!! :s

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really want garrett gone but I am going to just have to face the facts that jones will give garrett a new contract. garrett is the new marvin lewis.

• Options

@lwehlers said:
    I really want garrett gone but I am going to just have to face the facts that jones will give garrett a new contract. garrett is the new marvin lewis.

That's not even funny! :sB)

• Options

HE IS FINALLY GONE!!!!!

I can't find my Happy Dance video.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    HE IS FINALLY GONE!!!!!

I can't find my Happy Dance video.

Seems that that was the word of a "source"

Easier to get updates out of Baghdad.

At any rate, with no skin in the game, i am happy for you, Jon.

• Options

Woo Hoo !!!! He can go play like a statue somewhere else. I can't believe he was paid 6 million a year for clapping his hands!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "sources" this time seem reliable.

Now which wrong coach will Jerry Jones select?