Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1886 Morgan - VAM Expert

There appears to be a clash, at least to me. It does not have all the characteristics of VAM 1c
Hoping someone may take pitty

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's just of 50 different ones for that date. Odds are better than excellent it's one of these:

http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com/wiki/1886-P_VAMs

When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2019 11:59AM

its not vam 1c. you also need the line in the 6 for that one.

it may help you in the future to use the attribution/sort by guides linked at the top of most pages.

i didn't have much expectation to figure out which vam you have there as we really need good images of some particular feature(s) that jump out. in this case i used the date, which is a foundation of sorting vams.

BUT, i used the MAX version of your trueview and saw it is a near date imo based on the 2 dentil gap from the Sort by Date Attribution Guide. so check out the 2 near date vams listed for 86-p.

The guides aren't always 100% but they are an invaluable resource with immense amounts of research/sorting.

i'm in the middle of a couple things so i hope i provided accurate info for ya.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    its not vam 1c. you also need the line in the 6 for that one.

it may help you in the future to use the attribution/sort by guides linked at the top of most pages.

i didn't have much expectation to figure out which vam you have there as we really need good images of some particular feature(s) that jump out. in this case i used the date, which is a foundation of sorting vams.

BUT, i used the MAX version of your trueview and saw it is a near date imo based on the 2 dentil gap from the Sort by Date Attribution Guide. so check out the 2 near date vams listed for 86-p.

The guides aren't always 100% but they are an invaluable resource with immense amounts of research/sorting.

i'm in the middle of a couple things so i hope i provided accurate info for ya.

Thanks for your help, both of you

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it has a clash, but I agree that it's not a 1C. This date can be a little tricky. Have fun with it and do some research on Vamworld. Nice coin! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file