Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best You Tube Video Card Guys

MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Recently been watching some good videos on YouTube and was wondering who you all guys like out there and what they tend to discuss on their channels (Ex: Vintage vs. Modern, pack-opening vs. Maildays, etc.)

A few of the favorites I found are:

1. Cardboard Chronicles: A bit modern and basketball-centered (Jordan, Lebron, Luka) but fun interviews/passion for the hobby
  2. BasketballCard Junkies: Lots of Barry Bonds but these guys have good chemistry and useful insights
  3. Baseball Collector: Mixes unique commentary with card-showing, well done sir.
  4. PSA Card Collector: More informational with many Top 10 or 20 countdowns and sales info., well produced
  5. SconnieTradition: Some nice card reveals a bit too much football (Just me)
  6. Philmington: Not my thing but well produced and I'm sure solid advice for modern day "flippers".
  7. Jabs Family: Enjoyed the undercover "flea market" videos newer junk wax rips not as interesting
  8. Mangini: This guy is pretty cool shows some good vintage

Did I miss anyone? Would like more PSA or SGC Vintage Submission Result videos if anyone has suggestions.....

Comments

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

All good.

But does anyone remember the YouTube video of I rochet I think was his name. He busted a pack of 1987 topps and had vice grips and a cigarette. He was talking about all the gem cards. It was priceless. I laughed my ass off.

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

@Mintacular said:
    Recently been watching some good videos on YouTube and was wondering who you all guys like out there and what they tend to discuss on their channels (Ex: Vintage vs. Modern, pack-opening vs. Maildays, etc.)

A few of the favorites I found are:

1. Cardboard Chronicles: A bit modern and basketball-centered (Jordan, Lebron, Luka) but fun interviews/passion for the hobby
    2. BasketballCard Junkies: Lots of Barry Bonds but these guys have good chemistry and useful insights
    3. Baseball Collector: Mixes unique commentary with card-showing, well done sir.
    4. PSA Card Collector: More informational with many Top 10 or 20 countdowns and sales info., well produced
    5. SconnieTradition: Some nice card reveals a bit too much football (Just me)
    6. Philmington: Not my thing but well produced and I'm sure solid advice for modern day "flippers".
    7. Jabs Family: Enjoyed the undercover "flea market" videos newer junk wax rips not as interesting
    8. Mangina: This guy is pretty cool shows some good vintage

Did I miss anyone? Would like more PSA or SGC Vintage Submission Result videos if anyone has suggestions.....

I welcome you to check out my channel. It's primary pack-opening with interviews and hobby discussions. I cover baseball, football, with a lot of basketball lately. LINK TO CHANNEL

Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options

"Mangina"?? Did you mean John Mangini?? Good grief!

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

PackGeek is a personal favorite.

• Options

@jeffcbay said:

Thank you, Jeff! Much appreciated. Here's a fun episode we recently did with the head mechanic from the show Fast N Loud - who turned out to be a massive hockey collector. We don't feature Hockey cards very often, but this was a blast to shoot at Gas Monkey Garage:

https://youtu.be/38lBJjLtCpU

Jeff
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

I prefer Don West

https://youtu.be/OmQrmiqr7Fg

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

PackGeek
    About the Cards

Those are the two I watch.

• Options
    wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

Uhhhhh, This guy is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/c/BigLeagueSportsCards

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller
  • Options
    WaveofCardsWaveofCards Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited June 24, 2020 4:48AM

Well since Big League is plugging himself, Wave of Cards (newish channel) is not bad either! ;)

Wave of Cards
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC52it5FXdZvDcbj_Ps7Fyqw

My favorites are:

EliteCo for retro baseball.
    Phil's Pulls for new baseball.
    Packercards for football.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always like to search for random pack break videos. There's some good stuff out there that's been busted and posted on Youtube.

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

You can add Bowman1951’s Sports Card Adventures on the list.

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭

@Big80s said:

@jeffcbay said:

Thank you, Jeff! Much appreciated. Here's a fun episode we recently did with the head mechanic from the show Fast N Loud - who turned out to be a massive hockey collector. We don't feature Hockey cards very often, but this was a blast to shoot at Gas Monkey Garage:

I thought it was interesting when he said he paid a lot for the 8x HOF auto card. Not familiar with the issue, but 8 HOFer autographs on a 1/1 for $200 seems cheap to me. That might be the Hockey difference there...

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

Pack Geek is great to watch.

I'm not familiar with many of the others mentioned. however....

Jabs is one shady used car salesman character. How this guy continues to play off this ignorant hokey card loving flea market guy image is beyond me. The guy is all about taking advantage of people stupidity in order to profit off it.

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

I stopped watching Jabs. I used to like seeing what he would find at flea markets, but I lost interest.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I used to love watching the Shop At Home guys. Was totally hooked. Hard to believe it's been 30 years.

• Options

@mrmopar said:

@Big80s said:

@jeffcbay said:

I thought it was interesting when he said he paid a lot for the 8x HOF auto card. Not familiar with the issue, but 8 HOFer autographs on a 1/1 for $200 seems cheap to me. That might be the Hockey difference there...

You're exactly right - the prices he was paying for Hockey 1/1s was shockingly low compared to the other three sports. I didn't want to call attention to it on the show, though. Jason and I have since had many discussions about cards of all sports - and he's started diving into Basketball and Football, as well.

Jeff
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2020 11:41AM

Thought this thread might need a bump due to the circumstances.

I would add Thosebackpages and Tyler Short(shortslabs) to the list.