Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grading Question

I have a 57 Starr rookie card which in order to expedite turn around time, I told them just to authenticate it and no grade. I think it might grade a 4-5. When I send it in, how do I designate it? It really is not a review.

PackManInNC

Comments

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you want to just authenticate it?

Andy

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think it is going to make a difference on the turnaround time whether you just have them authenticate or grade. $20 for the regular sub(until that changes next week) or $75 for 8 days. Depends on how soon you want it back? Customer service does not know what the turnaround times are going to be for the services that are now going to be $75 express, $50 regular and $20 economy. They also said they were not going to put the expected turnaround times on the submission forms and we will just have to look at what the submissions times are currently running to avoid missed expectations. Was also told we won't have to mark the days on the outside of the boxes soon as well!!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

At the time, I was putting together a Bart Starr rookie run and the only card I was missing was the 57 graded authentic. I bought a real nice raw one and only wanted it to be graded authentic to complete my run.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re saying it’s already slabbed authentic and now you want a numerical grade, I think PSA does treat that like a review.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mexpo75 said:
    At the time, I was putting together a Bart Starr rookie run and the only card I was missing was the 57 graded authentic. I bought a real nice raw one and only wanted it to be graded authentic to complete my run.

I got ya, and I understand your dilemma as I am looking for the same for my Uecker Rc run. If it is a real nice one, just let it grade the true grade and wait for a turd to come around. It will at some point. You've been doing this long enough to know that just when you think something isn't out there.....it falls in your lap.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Yes it already was slabbed authentic. So I guess I just send in for review? I just don't want the graders think it was graded authentic for some reason other than me asking for it.

PackManInNC