Home Q & A Forum
Options

Mintages

This collecting is really new to me. How do you know what the mintage of a coin is going to be. For instance the 2019 S american silver eagle enhanced reverse proof?
Thank you all

Comments

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ERP (2019 S Enhanced Reverse Proof) has a mintage of 30,000 as listed in the website.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2019-one-ounce-silver-enhanced-reverse-proof-coin-19XE.html?cgid=2019-product-schedule

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forums @stm004.

For sales numbers. Usually, updated weekly but due to a changeover of personnel at the Mint there have been delays.

https://www.usmint.gov/about/production-sales-figures/cumulative-sales

• Options

Hi @stm004 ! Thank you for your question. While you can always monitor the US Mint's conjugated alloy aes grave production numbers for the upcoming year, I would think twice about investing in this numismatic coin. I suggest investing in rainbow-toned American Eagle bullion coins with annealed bag marks. These can be far more lucrative, and help to quickly get you into the numismatic community.

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @stm004. Welcome to the proverbial community. Are you interesting in collecting, or are your interests merely in buying future low-production mint products for a profit?

• Options

I do like the rainbow toned coins but from what i have read a lot of collectors like the white luster of good graded coins.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

NT vs AT? Yah baby, let's pick the scab off that wound. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

i figured there is a lot of different opinions on that subject ...

• Options

@Namvet69 - Do you think the detection of NT vs AT rainbow-toned coins is an untapped market? I feel as if many numismatic collectors who enjoy the rainbow-toned genre tend to get ripped off some of the time in their career. I tend to engage in chemical testing of the alloy on the coin in order to determine this, but hopefully there are more exact ways of doing this in the works.