Home U.S. Coin Forum

I Just heard this investing tip on the radio.

2»

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ColonelJessup said:

@PerryHall said:

@ColonelJessup said:

@Hydrant said:

@ColonelJessup said:

Snowflake. >:)

Colonel, after all I've been through in life, I will take it as a compliment that you refer to me as a snowflake. I've been called worse. Much worse. By some tough hombres with a much more colorful vocabulary than yours. By the way....the maximum penalty for impersonating a military officer is 3 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. I was never an officer. Nor have I ever felt the need to take on the title of one. Of course if you're from Kentucky and a chicken salesman that's a different story.

Semper Fidelis

So arrest Jack Nicholson and Tom DeLorey, you sanctimonious yuck-a-puck.
    Try out-ranking my father, 1st Lieutenant Joseph Finkel, USAR (KIA Monte Cassino, 4/11/44).
    Have you ever read one of my Memorial Day posts?

You want decorum? Run for President :#
    For people here, I'm likely their definition of a "snowflake". You might consider the irony that likely 90% of its Forum usage comes from your hero @fauxSophocles.

Are you trying to get yourself banned again? :D

Do you know why I was banned? I don't, and since it wasn't explained, I don't care.
    What word or words, what phrase, do you find indecorous?
    Whenever I used the "disagree" button, I gave a specific counter-argument.
    The best you can do is "I hope @HeatherBoyd spanks you"?
    (I think, in this particular instance, I will apologize in advance if it appeared I took the name of @SheWhoMustBeObeyed in vain).

I'm shocked. I always thought you were my biggest fan :s
    (I only said that to hurt @jmlanzaf's feelings. S/He sleeps better that way B))

I am your biggest fan. That's why I don't want you to get banned again. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019 9:54AM

@PerryHall said:

@ColonelJessup said:

@PerryHall said:

@ColonelJessup said:

@Hydrant said:

@ColonelJessup said:

Colonel, after all I've been through in life, I will take it as a compliment that you refer to me as a snowflake. I've been called worse. Much worse. By some tough hombres with a much more colorful vocabulary than yours. By the way....the maximum penalty for impersonating a military officer is 3 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. I was never an officer. Nor have I ever felt the need to take on the title of one. Of course if you're from Kentucky and a chicken salesman that's a different story.

Semper Fidelis

Try out-ranking my father, 1st Lieutenant Joseph Finkel, USAR (KIA Monte Cassino, 4/11/44).

For people here, I'm likely their definition of a "snowflake". You might consider the irony that likely 90% of its Forum usage comes from your hero @fauxSophocles.

Do you know why I was banned? I don't, and since it wasn't explained, I don't care.
    (I think, in this particular instance, I will apologize in advance if it appeared I took the name of @SheWhoMustBeObeyed in vain).

I am your biggest fan. That's why I don't want you to get banned again. :D

1) I am vain enough to notice who agrees, disagrees, quotes and PMs (and f@@ks with me)
    1a) Perhaps even more vain than @insider2..
    1a) My biggest fan is @insider2
    1b) I'm not his biggest fan.
    2) We've had each other's professional respect for over 40 years, so So What?.

I apologize for not having noticed your interest in my thinking for the last 9 years :disappointed: But it's too late to climb on the bandwagon. :D
    Would that your remark was phrased (and emojified) in such a manner as to suggest an attitude less sardonic than sympathetic. :'(

Though I enjoy laughing with people, I didn't come here to be loved, and I find my technical expertise and institutional knowledge progressively less respected and useful as the local signal-to-noise ratio continues to degrade.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Though I enjoy laughing with people, I didn't come here to be loved

this should be noted for a POTD award. :p

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019 12:07PM

@bidask said: "When you check back see my post on the darkside regards the 2 1738 pillars. II’d like your opinion on the difference in grades given by PCGS ..... thanks. 😊

Grading is subjective. The only thing that counts IS YOUR AGREEMENT with the grading company! :)

EDITED

Sorry, at first I thought you were being sarcastic. BTW, we all should be VERY GRATFUL that we are allowed to express our opinion on images and coins that we don't own because what we think does not count for anything in the real world.
    :(

That's the reason I didn't bother to open your post when it first appeared.

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

I HATE ALL OF YOU!

;) Off to work, I'll check back if this thread is not closed.

Reading this post and a couple of your other (insults) I am simply going to chalk it up as to you having a bad day.
    Perhaps grading too many cameo proof modern Washington quarters.

Hint:

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

:neutral:

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

<3

@Insider2 said:
    Hint:

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

PROMOTE W H A T you L O V E instead of B A S H I N G what you H A T E

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ColonelJessup said:

@PerryHall said:

@ColonelJessup said:

@Hydrant said:

@ColonelJessup said:

Semper Fidelis

Best Christmas present I could have gotten.

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

You only make money or lose money when you decide to sell. I love it when people tell me how much they made or lost on their house, or stock (whatever), but still own it.
    Those are paper gains or losses, but not actual ones.

thefinn
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thefinn said:
    You only make money or lose money when you decide to sell. I love it when people tell me how much they made or lost on their house, or stock (whatever), but still own it.

Not true, those are real but unrealized losses. If you buy something for $10,000 and it is now worth $5,000, whether you sell it or not you've lost $5000. You can pretend that you still have a $10,000 widget, but you don't. It's value is now $5,000.

Consider the absurdity of the converse. You invest $10,000 in a mutual fund in your IRA in 1980. The value of the mutual fund is now $150,000. According to your logic, you only have $10,000 in your mutual fund today because you don't make money until you sell it. The fact that you can realize the $150,000 in seconds with a few mouse clicks is meaningless?

@jmlanzaf said:

@thefinn said:

Not true, those are real but unrealized losses. If you buy something for $10,000 and it is now worth $5,000, whether you sell it or not you've lost $5000. You can pretend that you still have a $10,000 widget, but you don't. It's value is now $5,000.

Consider the absurdity of the converse. You invest $10,000 in a mutual fund in your IRA in 1980. The value of the mutual fund is now $150,000. According to your logic, you only have $10,000 in your mutual fund today because you don't make money until you sell it. The fact that you can realize the $150,000 in seconds with a few mouse clicks is meaningless?

I never thought of it as clearly as you have posted.

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll review this thread like a music album: a few bursts of borderline genius potential, but punctuated and interrupted by long interludes of noodling aural diarrhea. 1 and a 1/2 stars.

• bidaskbidask Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@thefinn said:

I never thought of it as clearly as you have posted.

Huh ?

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

@jmlanzaf wrote:

@bidask, I was just testing to see if you were paying attention. Obviously I was not!

This discussion has been closed.