Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

**EDIT** TruView added * 1843 O Seated Liberty Dime - Is there room to wiggle here?

CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 15, 2019 10:25PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Just won on the bay $342, defiantly some problems. Wiped to death but a gold shield to boot 😆 Honestly I did not purchase this for my own collection as I do not need it. But rather to flip quick. Did I leave some meat on the bone here? Found the Tru view Bc the seller is a lazy sack naturally.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ElectricityElectricity Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

Gonna guess you paid about what it’s worth

• Options
    savitalesavitale Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

You paid about 1/4 of what a straight graded piece would sell for, so I think you could make some money on it. It may take a while though. I'm not sure how many collectors are in the market for Details seated dimes.

• Options

@savitale said:
    You paid about 1/4 of what a straight graded piece would sell for, so I think you could make some money on it. It may take a while though. I'm not sure how many collectors are in the market for Details seated dimes.

That is true, can’t say anyone is jumping out of there seats to find a details grade key date but I agree on the price. I know a LCS actually who would take it off my hands but they will go off grey sheet and take a percentage off for the details.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

You paid more than I would for is all I know.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2019 10:43PM

• Options

@coinbuf said:
    You paid more than I would for is all I know.

Subjective to a collectors needs but noted!

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

I learned a long time ago, that problem coins are exceptionally difficult to sell. It is not that they cannot be sold, it is that they take multiple times longer to sell at a profitable price point than a problem-free example. How fast you turn over your money is very important in business, as it affects your capital demands.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:
    I learned a long time ago, that problem coins are exceptionally difficult to sell. It is not that they cannot be sold, it is that they take multiple times longer to sell at a profitable price point than a problem-free example. How fast you turn over your money is very important in business, as it affects your capital demands.

True and noted in my brain log lol seriously I may have jumped the gun on this one. I appreciate the advice

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

All it takes is 2 people to want it. I sold a 12 sided VG 1864 awhile back on ebay that ended up close to $500!

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your coin!

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    All it takes is 2 people to want it. I sold a 12 sided VG 1864 awhile back on ebay that ended up close to $500!

True! That’s something though!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone else's problem is now your problem.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

"defiantly?"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file