Home Sports Talk
Options

How many sports figure bobbleheads do you have?

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have only bought one.

Kirk Gibson "fist pump". Head and right arm move.

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only have one, Tony Gonzalez of the Chiefs.
    Given to me as a present, I love it.
    Has grass stains on his jersey. :)

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

just juan.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense to anyone, but i've never liked these things at all.

I've never owned one and the only way I ever would is if i could quickly flip it for a nice profit.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2019 5:51AM

Not a one. The only one I really want is the George Brett pine tar bobble head.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Haven’t moved toward bobble head collecting

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone knows the idea for bobbleheads was stolen from the garden gnome. Now the garden gnomes have become bitter. They no longer wish to work for us.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

None, though I may buy an Ernie Harwell one.

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:

I've never owned one and the only way I ever would is if i could quickly flip it for a nice profit.

@stevek said:

I agree with this.

A longtime ago, on a message board far, far away I actually created a handle by merging the two names of baseball player and a star wars character. About a year later one was created and given out at the ballpark on star wars night.

I guess the force was with me.

But was never interested in one prior or post this instance.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I only have one, Tony Gonzalez of the Chiefs.
    Given to me as a present, I love it.
    Has grass stains on his jersey. :)

No grass stains on this Tony G. Priest is the only other Chief that I have. Couple of "mini bobbles" of the 2, also.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    Not a one. The only one I really want is the George Brett pine tar bobble head.

There are several different pine tar themed Brett bobbleheads. One was given away by one of the Royals minor league teams that actually has bobble arms, where the arms bounce and wave. This one was a Kauffman Stadium giveaway in 2018.

• Options
    edited December 22, 2019 7:01PM

I have approximately 60 bobbleheads on display, and probably another 40+ boxed up in a closet. Most are Kauffman Stadium giveaways, but I have non-Royals bobbleheads also. Here are a few more. This particular Sluggerrr bobblehead is somewhat rare. EBay auctions will routinely end in the $500-$1,000 range, although the last few sales appear to be somewhat less in the $300 range.

• Options

Here's one more. Autographed by George.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

remain on the line mr douglas we are sending help to your location

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

As a Royals season ticket holder, almost all of the Royals figures came as a result of just attending the games. Then, the last several years, one of the benefits of being a season ticket holder is that they make "guaranteed giveaway packages" available for $150-$175 per seat per plan. For that nominal fee, they box up and ship direct to your home every giveaway that is part of the promotional lineup that year. Bobbleheads, hats, replica jerseys, coffee mugs, fleece blankets, t-shirts, etc. Considering that the bobbleheads can usually be resold at a minimum in the $40-$50 range, with some going for close to $100, just those alone make that benefit a great feature. Also, the bobblehead games and a lot of the other better giveaways are usually during the weekend, which then allows me to double dip by either reselling my tickets at a premium, or going to the games and getting more free stuff to sell.

I get that bobbleheads are not for everybody, but then I don't always understand why some people collect what they do, either.

• Options

@countdouglas said:

@bronco2078 said:

As a Royals season ticket holder, almost all of the Royals figures came as a result of just attending the games. Then, the last several years, one of the benefits of being a season ticket holder is that they make "guaranteed giveaway packages" available for $150-$175 per seat per plan. For that nominal fee, they box up and ship direct to your home every giveaway that is part of the promotional lineup that year. Bobbleheads, hats, replica jerseys, coffee mugs, fleece blankets, t-shirts, etc. Considering that the bobbleheads can usually be resold at a minimum in the $40-$50 range, with some going for close to $100, just those alone make that benefit a great feature. Also, the bobblehead games and a lot of the other better giveaways are usually during the weekend, which then allows me to double dip by either reselling my tickets at a premium, or going to the games and getting more free stuff to sell.

I get that bobbleheads are not for everybody, but then I don't always understand why some people collect what they do, either.

I understand some people collect uncut 1975 topps sheets with the Brett and Yount rookie on it.
    That's just weird since they're basically worthless.
    So if you would happen to have one and would like to sell I could do you a favor and pay $20 for it. :p

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@Darin said:

@countdouglas said:

@bronco2078 said:

I understand some people collect uncut 1975 topps sheets with the Brett and Yount rookie on it.
    So if you would happen to have one and would like to sell I could do you a favor and pay $20 for it. :p

I do own a lot of things that are worthless to the vast majority of the population, but they're all priceless to me for various reasons besides money. You are first in line if I ever decide to liquidate. You're likely going to be waiting a long time for that day to come, though.

• Options

@countdouglas said:

@Darin said:

@countdouglas said:

@bronco2078 said:

I do own a lot of things that are worthless to the vast majority of the population, but they're all priceless to me for various reasons besides money. You are first in line if I ever decide to liquidate. You're likely going to be waiting a long time for that day to come, though.

Count- that 1975 sheet with Brett and Yount is honestly one of my favorite things that I've ever seen posted
    on the sports mem. thread, and I've seen A LOT of things posted over there. :)
    If you do ever want to sell, keep me in mind. I may not have enough money to buy it, but I'll sure try. LOL.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2020 9:11PM

I bobble a different way in the studio, don’t have any sports ones

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

I have 7 various Twins - Vikings.

I'm offended by SteveK's post - you cannot criticize these when you collect pictures of dudes on cardboard... ;)

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik