Home Q & A Forum
Options

2019 Jefferson Nickel DATE ERROR?

Cornrow_HuntingCornrow_Hunting Posts: 4
edited December 15, 2019 3:48AM in Q & A Forum

Ive been confused as to what to think of this 9 in the Date. To me I Clearly see an unexcused 9 to the right of it. Seems to be some alright Doubling on the 019 and slightly on the 2 as well as some of Liberty. But im new to NICKELS. So Any insight anyone can shed on this would be amazing. Thx for your time

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019 9:42AM

Welcome to the CU forums @Cornrow_Hunting.

Interesting.

One pic looks like a bubble but the pic that is more revealing indicates a hit. Notice the 9 appears dented which occurred post mint.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pics!

• Options
    Cornrow_HuntingCornrow_Hunting Posts: 4
    edited May 10, 2021 12:34PM

Glad to hear agreement on extra strike as well. Where it looks dented in the pic, Its like an Odd lil mountain of Die looking thing. Ill try some other angles to post up also that can hopefully shed more light on damage or not, the how, when and where. Thx for the Response, truly appreciated HP

• Options

Thx JimNight

• Options

Blue Ridge posted a video a lil while back of this coin featuring this same coin. Its got "Feeder Finger" marks on Reverse as well the Error on the Obverse.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did blue ridge say what kind of error is on the obvious?

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing a die chip with slight machine doubling. Definitely something in the die that doesn't match the last digit in date.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.