Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Coin in hand, But registered in another set! Help

I’m currently building an Everyman set, today I got a new coin but it shows up in someone else’s set. What to do?

Comments

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you tried to add the coin to your Inventory and it's under someone else set you should get this notice.

Check the square that is to the left of the Cert number
    When you check the box a "Send Email" option will appear. Click to send email.

If by 3 days the cert number still can't be added to your set, take a photo of the front and back of the slab and email the photos with your request to setregistry@collectors.com.

• Options
    ElectricityElectricity Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

Thanks Bob, all set

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of frustrating when sellers do not remove sold coins from their inventory. 33 of 51 purchased from GC and eBay I've had to go thru this process.

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be a policy at GC that a coin is checked and deleted from a set before its allowed to be auctioned...Heritage and other auction houses as well.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Delt with this too in the past. People do not keep their inventory updated. Fortunately PCGS is really prompt with this. Get past the 3 day grace period and then contact PCGS with proof and they get it done lickity split.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set