Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CLOSED w/ 33 Participants from 21 States + Provinces SECRET SANTA

13»

Comments

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t post mine as I’m down in Fl getting ready for Fun. But will post it when I return.

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Mine arrived. Will post picture later.

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine arrived yesterday, thank you Secret Santa!!

Ken
  • Options

Along with the Roosevelt there is a flying eagle 1 cent and a liberty nickel. Merry Christmas to my Secret Santa and everyone else!

Ken
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bear what did you used to collect before it got stolen

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

I bought and sold from eBay to begin with then I had bought about 500 Franklin half toned real nice and was getting them graded (as I could afford it) when I had them took. They were enough for registry set. I also had 3 pcgs boxes full taken, several different coins in it including my 1921 Morgan the Dr gave my mom & dad when I was born. Several old and new mint sets that I bought on eBay and went to the Philly mint and got. I had a super collection that he got
    25 cents on the dollar for. My retirement in other words.

Ken
  • Options

Merry Christmas to all of you.

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Silverman2020 said:
    Merry Christmas to all of you.

Likewise.

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bearcave said:
    I bought and sold from eBay to begin with then I had bought about 500 Franklin half toned real nice and was getting them graded (as I could afford it) when I had them took. They were enough for registry set. I also had 3 pcgs boxes full taken, several different coins in it including my 1921 Morgan the Dr gave my mom & dad when I was born. Several old and new mint sets that I bought on eBay and went to the Philly mint and got. I had a super collection that he got

Ken that is crap and I hope the scum bag that did that to you gets the karma they deserve. I hope you had a merry Christmas Sir.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@bearcave said:

Hope you had them insured at the least. That's really hard to hear indeed. Although the insurance will never really make up for the sentimental aspect of it all. Porch pirates man.

• Options

Not insured, the insurance company is extra for collectable coins and you have to tell the company when you sign up. Otherwise, it's the face value. I didn't even file a claim. It was family, in case you haven't guessed. I have had a Merry Christmas and hope all you have to.

Ken
  • Options

A fine holiday present! Thank you!

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

• Options
    toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just returned home today and had a few things waiting for me, not the least was my Secret Santa gift. Sorry for the late posting, but....WOWZERS!!!!
    My Secret Santa blew me out of the water and raised the bar CONSIDERABLY for my next years participation.

THANK YOU SECRET SANTA!!!!

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well they say it’s better to give than to receive. My item that I sent was received and well liked but I never received anything from my secret Santa so someone either didn’t bother or it got lost in the mail. Oh well life goes on but guess I won’t play this game next year!

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI, Ditto.
    I was brought up as "Santa is a lesson in Humility".

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin I sent was never posted as received. 😕 mine was headed out of the country. I hope the received it

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options

I posted what I received but have not heard from my Secret Santa recipient. Fingers crossed!

• Options
    Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020 9:42PM

@COINS MAKE CENTS said:
    The coin I sent was never posted as received. 😕 mine was headed out of the country. I hope the received it

Neither was mine but my tracking showed it as delivered and I was able to figure out who I was sending to so i waiting for it to be posted but never was.

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭

@ScarsdaleCoin said:
    Well they say it’s better to give than to receive. My item that I sent was received and well liked but I never received anything from my secret Santa so someone either didn’t bother or it got lost in the mail. Oh well life goes on but guess I won’t play this game next year!

It’s always make feel very good to give, especially when the recipient is in need. We were very poor growing up and my mom was a widow and worked like a dog to feed us and keep us clothed. She always drove broken down cars, all she could afford and they always seemed to break down on us. As little kids we were always scared to death when this happened.
    So to make a long story short I enjoy helping people that are in need and hope that I can continue this goodwill.

So it is much better to give in my eyes.

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would like to know also......

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    ElectricityElectricity Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

All good here, my person received their gift and posted a picture on the thread.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've received coins from friends around town?
    Their my secret Santa's.
    That's what counts in my book.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file