Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Research and ID Phase

I have a small 15 card order in at PSA and there are three cards that have never been graded before or any from the series. If it went through research and ID phase and the label is on the cards with a potential cert number, does this mean that these cards will receive a grade? Thank you for answering!

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

I dont think so. With no proof whatsoever, I think every card gets a potential “cert number” as soon as it’s in the “system” as a way of tracking throughout.

If it does get hit with the dreaded “no spec, no holder” it then gets returned w the potential cert and flip affixed to a cs1 or whatever size accordingly vs getting holdered.

• Options
    dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2019 7:57AM

cards will receive a cert number in the beginning of the process even if they dont grade. cert follows them through the process regardless. in the end it just becomes a dead cert. here is what artee is talking about.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2019 7:59AM

If there's a label to review, you're good and they're at least recognizing it as gradable. It will say No Grade, No Holder at that point if you're getting N9'd.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    If there's a label to review, you're good and they're at least recognizing it as gradable. It will say No Grade, No Holder at that point if you're getting N9'd.

This. If you’ve made it to at least stage 4, “grading,” and it has a set and card listed rather than N9, they should be graded.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

This. If you’ve made it to at least stage 4, “grading,” and it has a set and card listed rather than N9, they should be graded.

Unless you get N6/MINSIZE'd, EVID TRIM, or some other reason not to holder during grading like the N6s on my last piggyback with you ;)

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@DBesse27 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Unless you get N6/MINSIZE'd, EVID TRIM, or some other reason not to holder during grading like the N6s on my last piggyback with you ;)

Right. I guess I meant he’s likely avoided N9/no spec info

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

So no.

• Options
    edited December 6, 2019 5:30PM

but sounds like the question you really want the answer to sounds pretty positive! 😉

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

@artee said:
    but sounds like the question you really want the answer to sounds pretty positive! 😉

Seems to be.... as long as the cards are not minimum size I should be good!

Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

Exactly. Which is good.

Better than coming back like this:

• Options

Slightly different as that is an issue that PSA does not grade at all. I despise getting those stickers!

• Options
    edited December 9, 2019 2:32PM

Posted for more along the lines of a cert # being assigned w/ no holder.

But! This was submitted well before the Sarazen was even attempted:

• Options

And the Sarazen is probably one of the rarest golf cards on the planet. A rookie card, rumored to be short-printed 3-1 vs. the rest of the set and trumps the Ruth monetarily speaking.

• Options

PSA had a policy of grading the baseball cards from the Exhibit set but none of the other sports.....a little frustrating, but it is what it is.

• Options
    edited December 9, 2019 5:36PM

Sure, but that isnt the problem here.

Ruth isn’t in the “champions” set. Just the regular exhibits. So the fact that they obviously had the “set” previously in the system for a card that isnt even in the set only to have a card come back as non-graded on such a key rookie is more than just a little frustrating.

So while your outlook looks very promising, I’ve just learned that old adage to be true about chickens & hatching too many times now. Especially in the later stages after so much ground work was “laid” and given the “ok” prior to submitting.

ETA: the sarazen is not a recent sub. prolly 2/3 years ago.