Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Set Registry..

I am number one on the set registry for a set that I collect. What I find interesting is that most of the time when I am bidding on a card in this set, I rarely if ever win, even it's just common cards. So, I checked to see how my competition is holding up behind me. My competition hasn't added any cards in a while (maybe years). So what happens to all of these cards? Who would want the commons for $100 apiece or more, but not be in the set registry. And it's not the same people who keep beating me. It's just random people. Does anyone else have this problem? Random people winning auctions for commons of $100 apiece or more, but not in the registry?

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@olb31 said:
    I am number one on the set registry for a set that I collect. What I find interesting is that most of the time when I am bidding on a card in this set, I rarely if ever win, even it's just common cards. So, I checked to see how my competition is holding up behind me. My competition hasn't added any cards in a while (maybe years). So what happens to all of these cards? Who would want the commons for $100 apiece or more, but not be in the set registry. And it's not the same people who keep beating me. It's just random people. Does anyone else have this problem? Random people winning auctions for commons of $100 apiece or more, but not in the registry?

Hard to give a good answer without knowing the set or player you are referring to.

What is a bit confusing to me is that I have upgraded my #2 rated Killebrew set a few times and some of the other Killebrew collectors aren't interested in what I am selling even though they "need" the item and I am asking pretty reasonable prices.

The #1 guy will buy if he needs it though, I guess that's why he passed me.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically what LC said. People have awesomely weird collecting focuses and one of my favorite pleasures in the hobby is hearing about them.

Arthur

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are many who buy, crack out and put it in the binder with the rest of their set. Easier to find higher end cards that are graded than those that are not.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019 1:35PM

Even though there's pop 2 dime and several other under pop 5 total, these won't ever be seen in the Michael Jordan Master/Super sets ;)https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/showcase/album/5856

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Even though there's pop 2 dime and several other under pop 5 total, these won't ever be seen in the Michael Jordan Master/Super sets ;)https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/showcase/album/5856

Nice set idea!